- RSS Channel Showcase 1758196
- RSS Channel Showcase 5421757
- RSS Channel Showcase 7179258
- RSS Channel Showcase 5137271
Articles on this Page
- 07/13/18--23:11: _Poor hygiene hits w...
- 07/14/18--22:35: _All 6 Japan high sc...
- 07/14/18--22:29: _Eel alternatives be...
- 07/14/18--22:32: _Hokkaido isle jolte...
- 07/14/18--22:15: _5 dead, more than 1...
- 07/14/18--22:23: _Rescuers, clean-up ...
- 07/16/18--11:20: _Japan to increase h...
- 07/16/18--11:32: _Alleged abuse of na...
- 07/15/18--22:46: _Death toll from tor...
- 07/16/18--11:16: _Abe unveils financi...
- 07/15/18--22:48: _Risk of heat stroke...
- 07/16/18--23:10: _Fruit picking grows...
- 07/16/18--23:12: _Japanese town's bea...
- 07/16/18--22:55: _Heat adds to hardsh...
- 07/16/18--23:17: _Popularity as pet l...
- 07/17/18--23:05: _SDF aircraft tempor...
- 07/17/18--23:12: _Yomiuri Giants owne...
- 07/17/18--23:14: _MRJ makes demo-flig...
- 07/17/18--23:02: _Olympic venue const...
- 07/17/18--23:07: _Japan-EU free trade...
- 07/13/18--23:11: Poor hygiene hits western Japan area after floodwater recedes
- 07/14/18--22:29: Eel alternatives becoming options for Day of Ox in Japan
- 07/14/18--22:32: Hokkaido isle jolted by 1st appearance of brown bear in 106 years
- 07/14/18--22:15: 5 dead, more than 1,500 taken to hospitals as heat wave covers Japan
- 07/14/18--22:23: Rescuers, clean-up volunteers struggle in heat
- 07/16/18--11:20: Japan to increase hotel rooms for wheelchair users
- 07/15/18--22:46: Death toll from torrential rain reaches 210
- 07/16/18--11:16: Abe unveils financial aid for areas hit by rains
- 07/15/18--22:48: Risk of heat stroke rises as heat wave continues
- 07/16/18--23:10: Fruit picking grows in popularity among foreign visitors to Japan
- 07/16/18--22:55: Heat adds to hardship in flood-hit areas
- 07/16/18--23:17: Popularity as pet likely behind growing smuggling of otters to Japan
- 07/17/18--23:05: SDF aircraft temporarily blocks Naha runway
- 07/17/18--23:12: Yomiuri Giants owner Oikawa resigns over team scandals
- 07/17/18--23:14: MRJ makes demo-flight debut
- 07/17/18--23:02: Olympic venue construction sites shown to media
- 07/17/18--23:07: Japan-EU free trade deal signed
The issue of hygiene has become paramount now that floodwater has receded in the downpour-hit Mabi district of Kurashiki, Okayama Prefecture. (Jiji)
All six high school students representing Japan at the 59th International Mathematical Olympiad have won medals including a gold, the education ministry said Friday. (Jiji)
Meat, mackerel and other foods are being increasingly promoted as substitutes for "kabayaki," or grilled, eels ahead of the midsummer Day of the Ox in Japan. (Jiji)
On Rishiri Island in the northern Japan prefecture of Hokkaido, people are on alert after a brown bear has recently been spotted for the first time in 106 years, ahead of the summer tourism season. (Jiji)
Five people died and more than 1,500 others were taken to hospitals for heat exhaustion, as a heat wave covered Japan on Saturday, a Kyodo News tally showed.
People in western Japan are contending with scorching heat as they pick through the debris left by record rain, flooding and landslides.
The Japanese land ministry plans to revise the standards on barrier-free rooms at hotels to increase the number of guest rooms accessible to wheelchair users ahead of the 2020 Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games, informed sources have said. (Jiji)
The government has launched a nationwide probe into allegations that foreign residents are abusing the public health insurance system, according to sources familiar with the matter. (Japan Times)
Japanese authorities say 210 people have been confirmed dead and 22 remain missing after the recent record rainfall in the western part of the country.
Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe says the government will provide financial support to areas in western Japan that were hit hard recently by record-high rainfall.
People in many parts of Japan are sweltering as temperatures have soared to nearly 40 degrees Celsius. The heatwave is likely to continue this week with the risk of heatstroke remaining high in areas including those hit by recent heavy rain.
Tourist farms in Japan have been attracting hordes of foreign visitors who are placing fruit picking high on their travel itineraries as the global reputation of Japanese fruit grows. (Japan Today)
Each year, a pair of the Aomori Prefecture town's fields are used to create amazing rice paddy art (or "tambo art," as it's called in Japanese). (soranews24.com)
People in western Japan are battling soaring temperatures as they still reel from devastating floods and landslides triggered by record rainfalls.
Japan was the top destination for otters recovered from smugglers in Southeast Asia between 2015 and 2017, with experts pointing to the species' growing popularity as pets in the country, according to a recent survey by a wildlife monitoring group. (Kyodo)
A Japanese Air Self-Defense Force aircraft blocked a runway at Naha Airport in the southwestern prefecture of Okinawa on Tuesday, causing it to be closed temporarily.
Yomiuri Giants owner Shoichi Oikawa has resigned to take responsibility for a series of scandals involving players at the Japanese professional baseball team, the Giants said Tuesday. (Jiji)
Japan's Mitsubishi Aircraft has debuted its long-delayed passenger jet at an airshow in Britain.
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government invited the media to observe the construction sites for the 2020 Olympics and Paralympics venues on Tuesday, 2 years ahead of the games' opening.
Japan and the European Union have signed a free trade deal in Tokyo after years of negotiations. The economic partnership agreement covers about 40 percent of the world's trade and 30 percent of its gross domestic product. The EPA calls for Japan and the EU to remove tariffs on most of each other's goods in phases.