- RSS Channel Showcase 2678115
- RSS Channel Showcase 5978686
- RSS Channel Showcase 7703301
- RSS Channel Showcase 8579685
Articles on this Page
- 07/17/18--23:09: _Reaction to Japan-E...
- 07/17/18--23:10: _Floats parade in Ky...
- 07/17/18--23:17: _Filipino man admits...
- 07/17/18--22:52: _Scorching heat comp...
- 07/18/18--22:24: _Legoland Japan to l...
- 07/18/18--21:48: _Prominent stage dir...
- 07/18/18--21:51: _IMF: Growth startin...
- 07/18/18--22:17: _Japan OKs reuse of ...
- 07/18/18--22:21: _Japan's temples to ...
- 07/18/18--21:53: _Opinions differ on ...
- 07/18/18--21:56: _Visitors to Japan h...
- 07/18/18--21:59: _Bill enacted to add...
- 07/18/18--22:03: _Progress on new nat...
- 07/18/18--22:14: _Japanese footballer...
- 07/18/18--21:54: _Rough schedule for ...
- 07/18/18--22:01: _Tighter measures ag...
- 07/18/18--21:50: _Mercury tops 40 deg...
- 07/21/18--22:42: _Mitakeumi wins 1st ...
- 07/21/18--22:44: _Fukushima beach ope...
- 07/22/18--22:44: _Japan Inc. frets ab...
- 07/17/18--23:09: Reaction to Japan-EU free trade deal
- 07/17/18--23:10: Floats parade in Kyoto's Gion Festival
- 07/17/18--23:17: Filipino man admits to 2004 murder of female student in Japan
- 07/17/18--22:52: Scorching heat complicates cleanup
- 07/18/18--22:24: Legoland Japan to lower admission fee for children
- 07/18/18--21:48: Prominent stage director Keita Asari dies at 85
- 07/18/18--21:51: IMF: Growth starting to slow in Japan, euro zone
- 07/18/18--22:17: Japan OKs reuse of nuclear fuel from scrapped reactors for 1st time
- 07/18/18--22:21: Japan's temples to open their doors as tourist lodging
- 07/18/18--21:53: Opinions differ on hour of swimming finals
- 07/18/18--21:56: Visitors to Japan hit record for Jan.-June period
- 07/18/18--21:59: Bill enacted to add 6 seats to Upper House
- 07/18/18--22:03: Progress on new national stadium shown to media
- 07/18/18--22:14: Japanese footballer Honda founds venture fund with Will Smith
- 07/18/18--21:54: Rough schedule for Tokyo Olympics decided
- 07/18/18--22:01: Tighter measures against secondhand smoke enacted in Japan
- 07/18/18--21:50: Mercury tops 40 degrees for 1st time in 5 years in Japan
- 07/21/18--22:42: Mitakeumi wins 1st sumo title
- 07/21/18--22:44: Fukushima beach opens for first time in 8 years
- 07/22/18--22:44: Japan Inc. frets about a possible 'Bank of Amazon'
Many retailers and consumers in Japan are welcoming the free trade pact with the European Union. They are expecting it to lower prices for a range of gourmet products and provide a boost to the economy.
In Japan's ancient capital Kyoto, spectators braved sweltering heat to watch a series of colorfully decorated floats at the annual Gion festival on Tuesday.
A 36-year-old Filipino man arrested last year admitted Tuesday to raping and murdering a female university student in eastern Japan in January 2004. (Japan Today)
More than a week after torrential rains in western Japan triggered landslides and flooding, over 200 people are dead and 16 are still missing.
The Legoland Japan theme park in the central Japanese city of Nagoya will lower its admission fee for children, its operator said Wednesday, following complaints about high ticket prices. (Kyodo)
Prominent Japanese stage director Keita Asari died of malignant lymphoma in a Tokyo hospital on Friday. He was 85. (Jiji)
The head of the International Monetary Fund says economic growth has started slowing in Japan and the euro zone.
Japan's nuclear watchdog on Wednesday granted its first approval for a plan to reuse nuclear fuel taken out of decommissioned reactors in operational ones. (Japan Today)
Japanese temples are offering their facilities as tourist accommodation, an initiative aimed at wooing foreigners to rural Japan. (Nikkei)
The International Olympic Committee and organizing committee for the Tokyo Games failed to agree on what time the swimming finals will be held.
The number of foreign tourists who visited Japan in the first half of this year hit a record high for the period.
Japan's Diet has enacted legislation to reform the electoral system, including the addition of six seats to the 242-seat Upper House.
The main stadium for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics and Paralympics, now under construction, has been shown to media 2 years ahead of the games' opening.
Japanese footballer Keisuke Honda is swapping football for finance, after launching a venture capital fund with Hollywood star Will Smith to invest in startups addressing social problems, the striker's agent said Wednesday. (Japan Today)
The schedule for the Tokyo Olympics has been broadly determined. Starting times of the marathon and other races along roads were moved forward in view of the hot summer weather.
The Diet, Japan's parliament, on Wednesday passed into law a bill to strengthen restrictions on smoking in public places in the fight against secondhand smoke. (Jiji)
Temperatures rose further across Japan excluding northern regions on Wednesday, exceeding 40 degrees Celsius for the first time in five years, the Japan Meteorological Agency said. (Jiji)
In sumo, Mitakeumi beat Tochiozan on the 14th day of the Nagoya tournament on Saturday to win his first title with 13 wins and one loss, ahead of the final day.
Several beaches ravaged by the 2011 earthquake and tsunami in northeastern Japan have been reopened for bathing for the first time in 8 years.
What if Amazon.com were to launch a bank? Consumers would likely welcome the move. Perhaps the big internet platform operator could entice its customers into letting it manage their money by offering points or discounts at its online store. (Nikkei)