- RSS Channel Showcase 1113198
- RSS Channel Showcase 7806955
- RSS Channel Showcase 4534499
- RSS Channel Showcase 4369138
Articles on this Page
- 05/16/18--23:04: _3 Taiwanese women g...
- 05/16/18--23:10: _Woman arrested for ...
- 05/16/18--23:35: _Suntory to stop sel...
- 05/16/18--23:43: _Female pro wrestler...
- 05/16/18--23:12: _Monk sues temple at...
- 05/16/18--23:41: _Deer herd runs thro...
- 05/16/18--23:00: _New Japan law calls...
- 05/16/18--23:39: _World's first clone...
- 05/17/18--23:10: _Actor Ken Watanabe ...
- 05/17/18--23:09: _Travel through Japa...
- 05/17/18--23:13: _Japanese singer Hid...
- 05/17/18--23:18: _Tokyo: Man threaten...
- 05/17/18--23:20: _Over 90% of Japan's...
- 05/17/18--22:53: _Some 100 bamboo pla...
- 05/19/18--00:14: _Japan to set no num...
- 05/19/18--00:20: _Torrential rain in ...
- 05/19/18--00:39: _Sake brewed in Yama...
- 05/19/18--00:40: _Hello Kitty Shinkan...
- 05/19/18--00:49: _Japan notifies WTO ...
- 05/19/18--00:50: _Man arrested for se...
- 05/16/18--23:04: 3 Taiwanese women get suspended sentences for smuggling gold in bras
- 05/16/18--23:10: Woman arrested for stabbing boyfriend to death
- 05/16/18--23:35: Suntory to stop selling 2 whisky brands, hard to meet demand surge
- 05/16/18--23:43: Female pro wrestler Ayako Hamada accused of using stimulant drugs
- 05/16/18--23:12: Monk sues temple at Mt Koya world heritage site over heavy workload
- 05/16/18--23:41: Deer herd runs through streets of Nara
- 05/16/18--23:00: New Japan law calls for more female candidates in elections
- 05/16/18--23:39: World's first cloned cow dies of old age in Ishikawa Prefecture
- 05/17/18--23:10: Actor Ken Watanabe splits with actress wife
- 05/17/18--23:18: Tokyo: Man threatened school girl prior to molestation
- 05/17/18--22:53: Some 100 bamboo plants vandalized in Kyoto
- 05/19/18--00:14: Japan to set no numerical spending-cut goal for FY 2019-2021
- 05/19/18--00:20: Torrential rain in northern Japan
- 05/19/18--00:39: Sake brewed in Yamaguchi wins top prize at int'l competition
- 05/19/18--00:49: Japan notifies WTO about action against US tariffs
- 05/19/18--00:50: Man arrested for sexually molesting woman last September
A Japanese court gave three Taiwanese women suspended sentences Wednesday after finding them guilty of attempting to smuggle gold worth 50 million yen into the country by hiding it in their bras. (Japan Today)
A 22-year-old woman has been arrested in Adachi Ward in Tokyo on suspicion of fatally stabbing her boyfriend. (Japan Today)
A Suntory Holdings Ltd. subsidiary will suspend selling two leading whisky brands due to a shortage of unblended whisky amid the growing popularity of the spirit at home and abroad.
Tokyo Metropolitan Police have arrested a female professional wrestler over the alleged used of stimulant drugs, reports TBS News (tokyoreporter.com)
A monk working for a temple at the World Heritage Site of Mt Koya in western Japan has filed a damages suit, claiming he developed depression and was forced to take a leave of absence because of his heavy workload, a lawyer representing him said Wednesday. (Japan Today)
An online video of more than 30 wild deer running through a residential area in Nara city, western Japan, has gone viral.
The Diet, Japan's parliament, enacted Wednesday a bill requesting political parties and organizations to even out the number of male and female candidates in public offices elections as much as possible. (Jiji)
The world’s first cloned cow died of old age Monday, according to the prefectural government of Ishikawa.
Japanese actor Ken Watanabe, who has appeared in a number of American films including the 2003 period drama "The Last Samurai," has split with his actress wife Kaho Minami, their agencies said Thursday. (Japan Today)
We’re no strangers to the power of a good camera. Last year’s 4K introductory video to the San’in region, with its gorgeous foliage and eerily perfect beaches, set an incredibly high standard. Now, Akita-based cinematics company Armadas is here to push that standard doubly high, with eye-searing, gorgeous shots from a number of locales around Japan – in 8K resolution. (Japan Today)
Hideki Saijo, a singer popular in Asia and best known for his cover song of the megahit “Y.M.C.A.,” died of acute heart failure Wednesday, his office said. He was 63. (Japan Times)
Tokyo Metropolitan Police have arrested a 33-year-old man over the alleged molestation of a school girl in Itabashi Ward in which he threatened her before, reports TBS News (tokyoreporter.com)
More than 90 percent of child abuse and sexual crime victims and their families didn’t receive compensation from their assailants, nor public financial assistance, largely due to the lack of awareness on the consultation services available, police data showed Thursday. (Japan Times)
Kyoto City officials have discovered about 100 bamboo plants in the city's Arashiyama district vandalized. (NHK)
The Japanese government cannot set a numerical goal for curbing annual growth in its social security spending from fiscal 2019 to 2021, informed sources said Friday. (Jiji)
Torrential rain has hit northeastern Japan. The Meteorological Agency is warning of landslides, overflowing rivers and flooding in the region. (NHK)
A sake produced by a brewery in the western Japan prefecture of Yamaguchi won the top prize in its category Friday for the second year in a row at an international sake contest held in northeastern Japan. (Kyodo)
It was a sad day when the Evangelion Shinkansen made its last journey on the rails on 13 May. But where one door closes, another one opens, and that’s exactly what happened this week, as West Japan Railway finally let us all peek inside their new Hello Kitty Shinkansen, which is set to make its debut next month. (soranews24.com)
The Japanese government has notified the World Trade Organization that it is prepared to take countermeasures against US tariffs on steel and aluminum. (NHK)
Police in Hadano, Kanagawa Prefecture, have arrested a 28-year-old painter on suspicion of sexually molesting a woman in her home last September. (Japan Today)