- RSS Channel Showcase 9359923
- RSS Channel Showcase 5079618
- RSS Channel Showcase 2579113
- RSS Channel Showcase 5839944
Articles on this Page
- 02/20/18--21:35: _Fukuoka to offer fi...
- 02/20/18--21:03: _TEPCO ordered to pa...
- 02/20/18--21:04: _Osaka to host G20 s...
- 02/20/18--21:22: _Thai court gives Ja...
- 02/20/18--21:00: _Abdication ceremony...
- 02/20/18--21:33: _Women caught smuggl...
- 02/21/18--21:23: _TPP remains largely...
- 02/21/18--21:24: _Kyoto becomes weddi...
- 02/21/18--21:19: _Japan, Finland agre...
- 02/21/18--21:34: _Japan is safest pla...
- 02/21/18--21:42: _Osaka: Man shot by ...
- 02/21/18--21:43: _Woman arrested for ...
- 02/21/18--21:20: _Number of foreign v...
- 02/21/18--21:25: _Fukushima plant rea...
- 02/21/18--21:10: _What Japanese priso...
- 02/21/18--21:13: _Japan wins gold in ...
- 02/22/18--21:54: _Japan to mull pro b...
- 02/22/18--22:01: _Japanese train stat...
- 02/22/18--22:07: _Osaka: Cops raid 4 ...
- 02/22/18--21:44: _Honda becomes No.1 ...
- 02/20/18--21:03: TEPCO ordered to pay $142,000 in damages
- 02/20/18--21:04: Osaka to host G20 summit in 2019
- 02/20/18--21:22: Thai court gives Japanese man custody of 13 surrogate children
- 02/20/18--21:00: Abdication ceremony to be held on April 30th, 2019
- 02/21/18--21:24: Kyoto becomes wedding destination for couples from abroad
- 02/21/18--21:19: Japan, Finland agree Moomin issue 'resolved' after exam furor
- 02/21/18--21:34: Japan is safest place to be born, UNICEF report says
- 02/21/18--21:42: Osaka: Man shot by officer in Miyakojima Ward had 2 knives
- 02/21/18--21:43: Woman arrested for keeping 23 cats in unsanitary conditions
- 02/21/18--21:25: Fukushima plant reactor gets new roof cover
- 02/21/18--21:10: What Japanese prison food is like
- 02/21/18--21:13: Japan wins gold in women's team pursuit skating
- 02/22/18--21:54: Japan to mull pro baseball lottery
- 02/22/18--22:07: Osaka: Cops raid 4 'girl's bars' suspected of employing minors
- 02/22/18--21:44: Honda becomes No.1 in small jet shipment
Gangsters seeking to leave organized crime groups --- but who are in dire financial straits --- could soon get free accommodation and help with transportation costs in Fukuoka Prefecture under a unique program aimed at promoting integration back into society and in turn weakening the underworld syndicates. (Japan Times)
A Japanese court has ordered Tokyo Electric Power Company to pay about 142,000 dollars in damages to the family of an elderly man who killed himself amid an evacuation order during the 2011 Fukushima nuclear crisis. (NHK)
The Japanese government has decided to hold next year's Group of 20 Summit meeting in the western prefecture of Osaka. It will be the first time Japan has hosted the summit. (NHK)
In a ruling handed down Tuesday on a high-profile surrogacy case involving a 28-year-old Japanese man, a Thai juvenile and family court accepted his claim for custody of 13 children whom he had through surrogacy in the Southeast Asian country. (Jiji)
The Japanese government says Emperor Akihito's abdication ceremony will be held next year on April 30th, the day he steps down, as a state event. (NHK)
Seven South Korean women attempted to smuggle gold into Japan late last month by concealing it in their rectums, officials from Aichi Prefecture’s Chubu Airport said Tuesday. (Japan Times)
While President Donald Trump’s decision to pull the U.S. from the Trans-Pacific Partnership initially put the deal on life support in January 2017, details released Wednesday revealed that the remaining 11 countries have managed to agree on terms close to the agreement’s original form.
An increasing number of couples from overseas are having wedding ceremonies in Kyoto, western Japan, attracted by the ancient capital's reputation as symbolizing traditional Japanese culture. (Jiji)
An uproar in Japan over the homeland of the "Moomin" storybook characters was elevated to a diplomatic matter on Wednesday, with the Japanese and Finnish foreign ministers assuring each other the issue has been well and truly resolved. (Kyodo)
Japan tops the world as the country with the lowest rate of newborn mortality in 2016, followed by Iceland and Singapore, while Pakistan is the riskiest place to be born according to a new UNICEF report launched on Tuesday. (Japan Today)
Investigative sources revealed on Tuesday that a 25-year-old man who was shot and wounded by an officer in Miyakojima Ward over the weekend while wielding a knife was actually in possession of two knives, reports NHK (tokyoreporter.com)
A 62-year-old woman has been arrested on suspicion of animal abuse after keeping 23 cats in unsanitary conditions at her apartment in Kawasaki City, Kanagawa Prefecture. (Japan Today)
The estimated number of foreign visitors for January rose 9 percent from a year earlier to 2,501,500, a record for the month, the Japan Tourism Agency said Wednesday. (Japan Times)
Workers at the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant have finished installing a new roof covering for the No.3 reactor building. (NHK)
Japan has some amazing prison food, which should be no surprise. Inmates are served healthy, nutritious meals of grilled fish, salads, rice and soup - which are actually healthier than most school lunches around the world! Would you like to try what prisoners eat? There's a prison in Hokkaido that serves authentic meals to the public and that is where I went -- Abashiri. (ONLY in JAPAN)
Japanese speed skaters have won gold in the women's team pursuit event at the PyeongChang Olympics. (NHK)
The Nippon Professional Baseball Organization will start full discussions on a proposed professional baseball lottery, informed sources said Thursday.
For people living in crowded cities in Japan, nothing tugs at the heartstrings more than a picturesque image of a tiny train station in the middle of the countryside. (soranews24.com)
Osaka Prefectural Police have raided four so-called 'girl's bar' establishments in Osaka for licensing violations that are believed to have employed minors, reports TV Asahi. (tokyoreporter.com)
Japanese automaker Honda has announced that its HondaJet won the most delivered jet title in its category last year. (NHK)