Articles on this Page
- 01/19/19--21:06: _College and univers...
- 01/19/19--21:15: _Tickets for all Jap...
- 01/20/19--23:04: _Abe, Putin on colli...
- 01/20/19--22:53: _Unified college and...
- 01/20/19--22:58: _Hunter dies after b...
- 01/20/19--22:50: _World's oldest man ...
- 01/21/19--21:10: _Shooting in Tokyo's...
- 01/22/19--19:04: _Driverless terminal...
- 01/22/19--19:17: _Mystery deepens ove...
- 01/22/19--19:10: _Tokyo: Man accused ...
- 01/22/19--18:50: _Kei Komuro: All fin...
- 01/22/19--19:06: _7-Eleven Japan want...
- 01/22/19--18:51: _Two Japanese films ...
- 01/22/19--18:53: _Abe makes no progre...
- 01/23/19--18:30: _Faulty data scandal...
- 01/23/19--18:32: _2 Japanese men arre...
- 01/23/19--18:38: _Japan's oldest mono...
- 01/23/19--18:26: _Defense Ministry: P...
- 01/23/19--18:28: _Latest trick for So...
- 01/23/19--18:34: _Ghosn tells Renault...
- 01/23/19--18:45: _Japanese teacher pu...
- 01/23/19--18:23: _A Banksy-like work ...
- 01/23/19--18:42: _American man gets 8...
- 01/23/19--18:13: _Nine-year-old girl ...
- 01/23/19--18:20: _Putin quashes Japan...
- 01/19/19--21:06: College and university entrance exams underway
- 01/19/19--21:15: Tickets for all Japan games at Rugby World Cup sell out
- 01/20/19--23:04: Abe, Putin on collision course over islands
- 01/20/19--22:53: Unified college and university entrance exams end
- 01/20/19--22:58: Hunter dies after being mauled by wild boar on Japan mountain
- 01/20/19--22:50: World's oldest man dies at 113
- 01/21/19--21:10: Shooting in Tokyo's Kabukicho district leaves man dead
- 01/22/19--19:04: Driverless terminal bus goes on test run at Tokyo's Haneda airport
- 01/22/19--18:50: Kei Komuro: All financial problems resolved
- 01/22/19--18:51: Two Japanese films nominated for Oscars
- 01/23/19--18:30: Faulty data scandal reveals lower 2018 wage growth in Japan
- 01/23/19--18:32: 2 Japanese men arrested for attempting to smuggle endangered otters
- 01/23/19--18:38: Japan's oldest monorail line to be suspended after 62-year run
- 01/23/19--18:26: Defense Ministry: Plane kept proper altitude
- 01/23/19--18:28: Latest trick for Sony's Aibo robotic pooch: Acting as watchdog
- 01/23/19--18:34: Ghosn tells Renault he is resigning as CEO and chairman
- 01/23/19--18:23: A Banksy-like work found in Chiba after similar discovery in Tokyo
- 01/23/19--18:42: American man gets 8 years for killing, dismembering body of woman
- 01/23/19--18:13: Nine-year-old girl faces world's top go player
- 01/23/19--18:20: Putin quashes Japanese hopes of end to island dispute
More than half a million high-school students and graduates across Japan are putting their knowledge to the test at unified college and university entrance exams.
Tickets for all of host-nation Japan's Rugby World Cup 2019 pool games have sold out following the start of sales on a first-come, first-serve basis, organizers said Saturday. (Japan Today)
The leaders of Japan and Russia hold crunch summit talks on Tuesday, with the two countries locked in an undiplomatic war of words over a set of disputed islands. (Japan Today)
This year's unified college and university entrance exams in Japan have ended for almost all applicants .
A 59-year-old amateur hunter died after being attacked by a wild boar Sunday morning on a mountain west of Tokyo, police said.
A 113-year-old Japanese man died on Sunday. Masazo Nonaka was recognized by Guinness World Records as the world's oldest man in April last year.
A man was fatally shot Monday in a karaoke bar in Tokyo’s famous Kabukicho entertainment district, police said. (Japan Times)
A minibus decorated with All Nippon Airways Co.’s signature blue and white logo motors across the tarmac at Tokyo’s Haneda airport. From the outside, it looks like an ordinary bus, with a person sitting in the driver’s seat — except no one is really operating the vehicle. (Japan Times)
The mystery over the recently discovered use of real human bones as skeleton models at schools has continued to deepen. (Japan Times)
Tokyo Metropolitan Police on Monday arrested a 35-year-old man over the alleged rape of a school girl last month, an incident that took place just over a week after he completed a prison term for the same crime, reports the Yomiuri Shimbun (tokyoreporter.com)
Kei Komuro, whose engagement to Japan's Princess Mako is planned, says he understands that all of his mother's financial problems have been resolved.
7-Eleven Japan has announced that it is planning to phase out sales of porno mags at its roughly 20,000 locations across Japan. (soranews24.com)
Two Japanese films have been nominated for this year's Academy Awards.
Prime Minister Shinzo Abe met with Russian President Vladimir Putin on Tuesday to seek progress on a decadeslong territorial dispute over a group of islands that have remained under Russian control since the end of World War II. (Japan Times)
A data scandal at Japan's labor ministry has created further headaches for the Abe government in its protracted attempts to spur inflation.
Two men have been arrested over an alleged attempt to smuggle from Thailand five otters in a carry-on bag through customs at Tokyo's Haneda Airport last October, police said Wednesday. (Kyodo)
The operation of Japan's oldest monorail line will be suspended at a Tokyo zoo in November following a 62-year run as the current vehicles are getting old, the metropolitan government said Wednesday. (Kyodo)
Japan's Maritime Self-Defense Force says the patrol plane in question is a P3C from Kanoya Air Base in Kagoshima Prefecture.
Sony Corp. on Wednesday showed off the latest tricks of its signature robotic dog, Aibo, including a new security capability of patrolling inside a house. (Japan Times)
Carlos Ghosn has told Renault he intends to resign as chairman and CEO of the French automaker, Nikkei learned Wednesday, now that his detention in Japan has ruled out a quick return to France. (Nikkei)
On January 15, a 16-year-old first-year student at Tokyo’s Metropolitan Machida Sogo High School got into a heated argument with a teacher in the school hallway. Prior to the argument, the student had been disciplined for wearing an earring to school, in violation of the dress code. (Japan Today)
Graffiti on a seawall in Chiba Prefecture resembling the work of Banksy has sparked speculation on whether it is a piece by the elusive street artist and comes just about a month after another possible work by the artist was found in the nation’s capital.
A 27-year-old American man has been sentenced to eight years in prison for killing a 27-year-old woman in Osaka last year, dismembering her body and dumping the parts in several locations. (Japan Today)
A nine-year-old girl who is set to become the youngest professional player of the board game go in Japan has played the world's top-ranked female player.
President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia on Tuesday dashed Japanese hopes of a settlement any time soon to a territorial dispute that has festered since 1945, declaring after a meeting with the visiting Prime Minister Shinzo Abe of Japan that there was still much “painstaking work” ahead. (nytimes.com)