- RSS Channel Showcase 8153865
- RSS Channel Showcase 5437824
- RSS Channel Showcase 7289432
- RSS Channel Showcase 2517711
Articles on this Page
- 12/09/18--22:25: _Saitama: Man, 39, s...
- 12/10/18--22:17: _Japan to effectivel...
- 12/10/18--22:01: _Winter bonuses hit ...
- 12/10/18--22:11: _23 years sought for...
- 12/10/18--22:16: _Man, 27, found with...
- 12/10/18--21:54: _Abe vows to prepare...
- 12/10/18--21:55: _Ghosn indicted, get...
- 12/10/18--21:52: _Gusto stops using p...
- 12/10/18--23:21: _7 best places in Ja...
- 12/11/18--22:50: _Rakuten and Walmart...
- 12/11/18--22:27: _Beijing court sente...
- 12/11/18--22:46: _Global IT talent wa...
- 12/11/18--22:41: _Japan to offer free...
- 12/11/18--22:30: _Japan seeks 1st air...
- 12/13/18--22:57: _Town in Niseko ski ...
- 12/13/18--22:51: _Fujii becomes young...
- 12/13/18--22:54: _Gov't aims to have ...
- 12/13/18--22:45: _Kyoto geiko enterta...
- 12/13/18--22:47: _Osaka: Cop on duty ...
- 12/13/18--22:22: _Japan logs 2nd-long...
- 12/14/18--22:03: _Japan Post eyes up ...
- 12/14/18--21:59: _Japanese-language s...
- 12/14/18--21:50: _Government to freez...
- 12/14/18--21:23: _Man gets 18 years f...
- 12/14/18--21:53: _Govt. starts landfi...
- 12/09/18--22:25: Saitama: Man, 39, stabs 3 Cambodians in residence
- 12/10/18--22:17: Japan to effectively block China telecom giants
- 12/10/18--22:01: Winter bonuses hit record in Japan, led by manufacturers
- 12/10/18--22:16: Man, 27, found with corpse of girlfriend in Fukushima parking lot
- 12/10/18--21:54: Abe vows to prepare for foreign workers
- 12/10/18--21:55: Ghosn indicted, gets new arrest warrant
- 12/10/18--21:52: Gusto stops using plastic straws
- 12/10/18--23:21: 7 best places in Japan for a romantic getaway
- 12/11/18--22:50: Rakuten and Walmart open first Walmart e-commerce store in Japan
- 12/11/18--22:46: Global IT talent war sends Japan tech salaries soaring
- 12/11/18--22:41: Japan to offer free rubella vaccinations to combat outbreak
- 12/11/18--22:30: Japan seeks 1st aircraft carrier to deploy stealth fighters
- 12/13/18--22:57: Town in Niseko ski resort area to tax lodgers
- 12/13/18--22:51: Fujii becomes youngest shogi player to reach 100th win
- 12/13/18--22:54: Gov't aims to have new foreign workers focus on regional areas
- 12/13/18--22:45: Kyoto geiko entertainers begin New Year visits
- 12/13/18--22:47: Osaka: Cop on duty when suspect fled station was watching porn
- 12/13/18--22:22: Japan logs 2nd-longest post-war recovery
- 12/14/18--22:03: Japan Post eyes up to 8% stake in U.S. insurer Aflac
- 12/14/18--21:59: Japanese-language schools expand offerings overseas
- 12/14/18--21:53: Govt. starts landfill work in Okinawa
Saitama Prefectural Police have arrested a 39-year-old man over the stabbing of three Cambodian nationals at an apartment building in Hanyu City on Saturday, reports NHK (tokyoreporter.com)
Japan's government has decided to revise its procedures for purchasing telecommunications equipment, a move that would effectively exclude Chinese telecom giants.
Winter bonuses at Japanese companies averaged an all-time high of 834,391 yen ($7,400) this year, according to a Nikkei survey released Monday, notching a sixth straight year of growth on strong corporate earnings. (Nikkei)
Prosecutors sought a 23-year prison term for a 26-year-old man on Monday over an alleged road-rage incident near Tokyo last year that left a couple dead and their children injured. (Japan Times)
Tokyo Metropolitan Police have arrested a 27-year-old man after he was found with the corpse of his girlfriend inside a vehicle in Iwaki City, Fukushima Prefecture, reports the Yomiuri Shimbun (Dec. 10). (tokyoreporter.com)
Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has pledged to do all he can to ensure the smooth operation of a new program that will bring more foreign workers to the country.
Tokyo prosecutors have indicted former Nissan Motor chairman Carlos Ghosn for understating his past compensation by tens of millions of dollars. They have also served an additional arrest warrant on him over similar allegations relating to his pay in the last 3 years.
Major Japanese restaurant chain Gusto on Monday stopped providing plastic straws at its 1,300 locations nationwide.
Japan may have assimilated so many western cultural influences, yet it still remains exotic and enigmatic.
Rakuten Inc and Walmart Inc officially opened the first Walmart e-commerce store in Japan, the Walmart Rakuten Ichiba Store, on the Rakuten Ichiba internet shopping mall. (Japan Today)
A court in Beijing has sentenced a Japanese man in his 70s who was arrested in China in June 2015 to 12 years in prison for spying, sources well-informed about Sino-Japanese relations said Tuesday. (Japan Today)
As the global shortage of skilled information technology experts hits Japan hard, companies are scrambling to lure and keep top talent with hefty annual pay packages. (Nikkei)
The Japanese government said Tuesday it will offer free rubella vaccinations for three years to men who were unvaccinated in their childhood amid an outbreak of the disease that threatens to dampen demand for travel to Japan.
Japan is seeking to possess its first aircraft carrier to allow for the deployment of U.S.-made stealth fighters as it seeks to bolster its arms capability under a new 10-year defense plan. (Japan Today)
The northern Japan town of Kutchan in the popular Niseko ski resort area is to introduce a lodging tax after the town assembly passed an ordinance on Thursday. (Japan Today)
Sixteen-year-old shogi prodigy Sota Fujii has reached his 100th victory in official matches of the Japanese board game, becoming the youngest professional player to reach the milestone at the fastest pace in history. (Japan Today)
The Japanese government plans to take measures to make regional labor markets accessible to foreign blue-collar workers to avoid them concentrating in large cities such as Tokyo when the country starts accepting them under the new visa system next year, the government's top spokesman said Thursday. (Japan Today)
Traditional female entertainers in Kyoto have started offering early New Year greetings.
An officer who was on duty when a 30-year-old suspect escaped from a police station in Tondabayashi City earlier this year was watching an adult video (AV) clip, it was learned on Thursday, reports Nikkan Sports (Dec. 13). (tokyoreporter.com)
A Japanese government panel says a run of growth that began in December 2012 has now become the second-longest period of expansion in the post-war era. But that verdict comes as Japan struggles with sluggish wage growth and a chronic labor shortage.
Japan Post Holdings Co. plans to acquire a 7 to 8 percent stake in U.S. insurer Aflac Inc. for about ¥300 billion as part of its strategy to expand operations overseas, sources familiar with the matter said Thursday. (Japan Times)
Japanese education companies are expanding their language offerings overseas, seeing business opportunities in meeting growing demand for Japanese-speaking foreign manpower as the nation opens its doors to workers from overseas. (Nikkei)
The government will temporarily suspend an extra medical fee that pregnant women were required to pay out of pocket to see doctors, health minister Takumi Nemoto said Friday. (Japan Times)
A court on Friday sentenced a 26-year-old man to 18 years in prison for a highway road rage incident last year in which a couple died and their two teenage daughters were injured. (Japan Times)
Japan's central government is pushing ahead with a controversial plan to relocate an American military base within the southern prefecture of Okinawa. They've started full-scale land reclamation work despite strong local opposition.