- RSS Channel Showcase 3768502
- RSS Channel Showcase 2791211
- RSS Channel Showcase 6176038
- RSS Channel Showcase 1374694
Articles on this Page
- 12/06/18--22:05: _Aeon cuts prices fo...
- 12/06/18--21:52: _SoftBank's mobile o...
- 12/06/18--21:41: _US Marines: 1 dead ...
- 12/07/18--21:44: _Govt. plans revisin...
- 12/07/18--21:35: _Japan's Diet enacts...
- 12/08/18--23:13: _Police staffer accu...
- 12/08/18--23:08: _Japan's Upper House...
- 12/08/18--23:03: _Japanese woman gets...
- 12/09/18--22:31: _JR employees accuse...
- 12/09/18--22:30: _Japan to extend cop...
- 12/09/18--22:13: _Crown Princess Masa...
- 12/09/18--22:25: _Saitama: Man, 39, s...
- 12/10/18--22:17: _Japan to effectivel...
- 12/10/18--22:01: _Winter bonuses hit ...
- 12/10/18--22:11: _23 years sought for...
- 12/10/18--22:16: _Man, 27, found with...
- 12/10/18--21:54: _Abe vows to prepare...
- 12/10/18--21:55: _Ghosn indicted, get...
- 12/10/18--21:52: _Gusto stops using p...
- 12/10/18--23:21: _7 best places in Ja...
- 12/11/18--22:50: _Rakuten and Walmart...
- 12/11/18--22:27: _Beijing court sente...
- 12/11/18--22:46: _Global IT talent wa...
- 12/11/18--22:41: _Japan to offer free...
- 12/11/18--22:30: _Japan seeks 1st air...
- 12/06/18--22:05: Aeon cuts prices for Aussie beef
- 12/06/18--21:52: SoftBank's mobile outage hits swath of Japanese businesses
- 12/06/18--21:41: US Marines: 1 dead after plane collision off Kochi
- 12/07/18--21:44: Govt. plans revising telecom equipment rules
- 12/07/18--21:35: Japan's Diet enacts foreign workers bill
- 12/08/18--23:13: Police staffer accused of raping 12-year-old girl
- 12/08/18--23:03: Japanese woman gets 6-year jail term in China for espionage
- 12/09/18--22:31: JR employees accused of theft of Y5 million from station office
- 12/09/18--22:25: Saitama: Man, 39, stabs 3 Cambodians in residence
- 12/10/18--22:17: Japan to effectively block China telecom giants
- 12/10/18--22:01: Winter bonuses hit record in Japan, led by manufacturers
- 12/10/18--22:16: Man, 27, found with corpse of girlfriend in Fukushima parking lot
- 12/10/18--21:54: Abe vows to prepare for foreign workers
- 12/10/18--21:55: Ghosn indicted, gets new arrest warrant
- 12/10/18--21:52: Gusto stops using plastic straws
- 12/10/18--23:21: 7 best places in Japan for a romantic getaway
- 12/11/18--22:50: Rakuten and Walmart open first Walmart e-commerce store in Japan
- 12/11/18--22:46: Global IT talent war sends Japan tech salaries soaring
- 12/11/18--22:41: Japan to offer free rubella vaccinations to combat outbreak
- 12/11/18--22:30: Japan seeks 1st aircraft carrier to deploy stealth fighters
Steak lovers across Japan have reason to celebrate. From Friday, they will pay less for a slab of Australian beef at hundreds of outlets run by a major retailer nationwide. (NHK)
SoftBank's mobile service outage Thursday across much of Japan disrupted operations ranging from flights and trains to amusement parks and logistics companies, illustrating both corporate and consumer dependence on wireless communications networks. (Nikkei)
The US Marine Corps says one of the 2 crewmembers rescued after a mid-air collision between 2 US military aircraft off Japan's western coast is dead.
The Japanese government plans to revise the rules for its procurement of telecommunications equipment to take into consideration the risks related to national security.
Japan's ruling coalition has pushed a controversial bill through the Diet with just a few days left before the current session ends. It will allow more foreign workers into the country.
Gunma Prefectural Police have arrested a staff member for the National Police Agency over the alleged rape of a 12-year-old girl he met online earlier this year, reports the Sankei Shimbun (tokyoreporter.com)
The Diet on Saturday approved an economic partnership agreement with the European Union that’s set to create a free trade bloc accounting for 30 percent of world output.
A Chinese court has sentenced a Japanese woman to six years in prison for spying, a source privy to bilateral relations said Saturday. (Japan Today)
Ishikawa Prefectural Police have arrested two station attendants at West Japan Railway Co. over the theft of 5 million yen from an office in Kanazawa City earlier this year, reports TV Asahi (Dec. 7). (tokyoreporter.com)
Japan is set to extend the copyright period on works such as novels and paintings to 70 years after the authors’ deaths from the current 50 years, effective Dec. 30, when the revised copyright law goes into force. (Japan Times)
Crown Princess Masako, who turned 55 on Sunday, vowed to make her best effort to serve the people as she is set to become Empress following May’s Imperial succession. (Japan Times)
Saitama Prefectural Police have arrested a 39-year-old man over the stabbing of three Cambodian nationals at an apartment building in Hanyu City on Saturday, reports NHK (tokyoreporter.com)
Japan's government has decided to revise its procedures for purchasing telecommunications equipment, a move that would effectively exclude Chinese telecom giants.
Winter bonuses at Japanese companies averaged an all-time high of 834,391 yen ($7,400) this year, according to a Nikkei survey released Monday, notching a sixth straight year of growth on strong corporate earnings. (Nikkei)
Prosecutors sought a 23-year prison term for a 26-year-old man on Monday over an alleged road-rage incident near Tokyo last year that left a couple dead and their children injured. (Japan Times)
Tokyo Metropolitan Police have arrested a 27-year-old man after he was found with the corpse of his girlfriend inside a vehicle in Iwaki City, Fukushima Prefecture, reports the Yomiuri Shimbun (Dec. 10). (tokyoreporter.com)
Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has pledged to do all he can to ensure the smooth operation of a new program that will bring more foreign workers to the country.
Tokyo prosecutors have indicted former Nissan Motor chairman Carlos Ghosn for understating his past compensation by tens of millions of dollars. They have also served an additional arrest warrant on him over similar allegations relating to his pay in the last 3 years.
Major Japanese restaurant chain Gusto on Monday stopped providing plastic straws at its 1,300 locations nationwide.
Japan may have assimilated so many western cultural influences, yet it still remains exotic and enigmatic.
Rakuten Inc and Walmart Inc officially opened the first Walmart e-commerce store in Japan, the Walmart Rakuten Ichiba Store, on the Rakuten Ichiba internet shopping mall. (Japan Today)
A court in Beijing has sentenced a Japanese man in his 70s who was arrested in China in June 2015 to 12 years in prison for spying, sources well-informed about Sino-Japanese relations said Tuesday. (Japan Today)
As the global shortage of skilled information technology experts hits Japan hard, companies are scrambling to lure and keep top talent with hefty annual pay packages. (Nikkei)
The Japanese government said Tuesday it will offer free rubella vaccinations for three years to men who were unvaccinated in their childhood amid an outbreak of the disease that threatens to dampen demand for travel to Japan.
Japan is seeking to possess its first aircraft carrier to allow for the deployment of U.S.-made stealth fighters as it seeks to bolster its arms capability under a new 10-year defense plan. (Japan Today)