- RSS Channel Showcase 6650200
- RSS Channel Showcase 9503300
- RSS Channel Showcase 8378527
- RSS Channel Showcase 8858197
Articles on this Page
- 04/22/18--20:09: _Huge crowds cerebra...
- 04/22/18--20:27: _Member of comedy du...
- 04/22/18--20:11: _Volcanic alert rais...
- 04/22/18--20:18: _Japan's Nakamitsu m...
- 04/22/18--20:26: _World's oldest pers...
- 04/23/18--19:24: _More SDF's Iraq log...
- 04/23/18--19:10: _Scandal-hit MOF off...
- 04/23/18--19:12: _Sagawa questioned o...
- 04/23/18--19:20: _Emperor, Empress vi...
- 04/23/18--19:39: _Couple arrested at ...
- 04/23/18--19:45: _Construction robots...
- 04/23/18--19:46: _The brilliant blue ...
- 04/23/18--19:24: _Rugby World Cup vol...
- 04/24/18--23:39: _After escape, GPS m...
- 04/24/18--22:44: _Swedish king hopes ...
- 04/24/18--22:57: _Hiroshima Carp's 'I...
- 04/24/18--23:16: _74-year-old woman a...
- 04/24/18--23:24: _Tsuburaya Productio...
- 04/24/18--23:31: _Seven-Eleven to lau...
- 04/24/18--23:42: _Kanagawa cops: Body...
- 04/24/18--22:37: _Moon tells Abe of p...
- 04/24/18--23:26: _Court rejects damag...
- 04/24/18--23:34: _Education minister ...
- 04/24/18--23:02: _Japan machine tool ...
- 04/24/18--23:04: _Fukuda's resignatio...
- 04/22/18--20:09: Huge crowds cerebrate Hanyu's consecutive Olympic win
- 04/22/18--20:27: Member of comedy duo accused of illicit filming prior to breakup
- 04/22/18--20:11: Volcanic alert raised at Mt. Kusatsu-Shirane
- 04/22/18--20:18: Japan's Nakamitsu makes Fortune's 50 Greatest Leaders list
- 04/23/18--19:24: More SDF's Iraq logs discovered
- 04/23/18--19:10: Scandal-hit MOF official to get up to 53 million yen on retirement
- 04/23/18--19:12: Sagawa questioned over document-tampering scandal
- 04/23/18--19:20: Emperor, Empress visit Linnaeus exhibition
- 04/23/18--19:46: The brilliant blue flowers of Hitachi Seaside Park
- 04/23/18--19:24: Rugby World Cup volunteers being recruited
- 04/24/18--23:39: After escape, GPS monitoring eyed for open prisons in Japan
- 04/24/18--22:44: Swedish king hopes to keep ties with Emperor
- 04/24/18--22:57: Hiroshima Carp's 'Iron Man' Kinugasa dies at 71
- 04/24/18--23:24: Tsuburaya Productions wins suit on overseas Ultraman rights
- 04/24/18--23:42: Kanagawa cops: Body found at dam belongs to ’03 murder suspect
- 04/24/18--22:37: Moon tells Abe of plan to cover abduction issue at summit with Kim
- 04/24/18--23:34: Education minister visits 'sexy yoga' studio by official car
- 04/24/18--23:02: Japan machine tool orders hit record high for 1st time in decade
- 04/24/18--23:04: Fukuda's resignation OK'd, MOF in dire situation
About 108,000 people cerebrated figure skater Yuzuru Hanyu during a parade in his hometown of Sendai, the capital of Miyagi Prefecture, on Sunday for winning the second consecutive Olympic gold medal, in the Pyeongchang Winter Games in February. (Jiji)
Tokyo Metropolitan Police arrested a member of a comedy duo over illicit filming of a woman at a subway station the day before the unit broke up, reports Nippon News Network. (tokyoreporter.com)
The volcanic alert level for Mount Kusatsu-Shirane in central Japan have been raised due to increased activity. (NHK)
Izumi Nakamitsu, U.N. undersecretary-general and high representative for disarmament affairs, has been named one of the World's 50 Greatest Leaders by Fortune. (Jiji)
The world’s oldest person, a 117-year-old Japanese woman, has died. Nabi Tajima died of old age in a hospital Saturday evening in Kikai, Kagoshima Prefecture, town official Susumu Yoshiyuki confirmed. (Japan Times)
Japan's Defense Minister Itsunori Onodera has revealed that another batch of activity logs from Japan's Self-Defense Force mission in Iraq years ago has been found. (NHK)
Up to 53 million yen will be paid in retirement allowance to Vice Minister of Finance Junichi Fukuda, who tendered his resignation last week following a media report accusing him of sexual harassment, it was learned Monday. (Jiji)
NHK has learned that prosecutors have questioned a former senior Finance Ministry official about a document-tampering scandal in connection with the discounted sale of state-owned land. (NHK)
Japan's Emperor and Empress have joined Sweden's King and Queen in visiting an exhibition on the Swedish botanist Carl Linnaeus in Tokyo. (NHK)
A 43-year-old man and his 34-year-old wife have been arrested at Tokyo’s Haneda airport on suspicion of smuggling methamphetamine with an approximate street value of ¥1.8 billion ($16.7 million), police and customs officials said Monday. (Japan Times)
Robots that can weld, lift and bolt are being developed to help bridge labor shortages at domestic construction sites, though their use will be limited to night shifts when no human workers will be nearby due to safety and regulatory concerns.
With sakura season done in the Tokyo area, it’s time to switch from pink to blue and the 4.5 million Nemophila flowers of this amazing park. (soranews24.com)
The organizer of the 2019 Rugby World Cup in Japan has started recruiting about 10,000 volunteers. (NHK)
Japan's Justice Ministry is considering a plan to utilize the Global Positioning System to monitor inmates serving sentences in so-called prisons without walls, amid a prolonged manhunt for a fugitive. (Jiji)
King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden has expressed his hope to maintain good relations with Emperor Akihito and the rest of the Japanese Imperial family after the Emperor abdicates. (NHK)
Former Japanese professional baseball slugger Sachio Kinugasa of the Hiroshima Carp has died. He was 71. (NHK)
A 74-year-old woman who was arrested over a fatal hit-and-run incident has told police that she thought her vehicle had hit a cardboard box. (Japan Today)
Tsuburaya Productions Co.., the producer of the television series featuring Japanese superhero Ultraman, said Tuesday a California court has ruled that an alleged contract on the use rights of Ultraman outside Japan is not authentic. (Jiji)
Convenience store and retail chain Seven-Eleven Japan Co in a joint project with travel agency JTB Corp will launch an automated service for minpaku (private temporary rented lodging) that allows guests to check in, collect and leave room keys 24 hours a day at 7-Eleven convenience stores. (Japan Today)
Kanagawa Prefectural Police suspect that a 24-year-old man committed suicide at a dam in the village of Kiyokawa in 2003 after murdering a woman at the restaurant where she worked, reports the Yomiuri Shimbun (tokyoreporter.com)
South Korean President Moon Jae-in told Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe on Tuesday that he plans to take up the issue of Pyongyang's abductions of Japanese nationals decades ago at his upcoming meeting with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. (Jiji)
A Japanese court dismissed on Tuesday a damages suit filed by a man accused in a fraud case, after cash confiscated from him and kept in a police safe was stolen. (Japan Today)
Education minister Yoshimasa Hayashi has used an official ministry car to visit a "sexy yoga" studio in Tokyo, a weekly magazine said Tuesday, in another apparent scandal to hit the government. (Japan Today)
Orders for Japanese machine tools hit a record high for the first time in a decade in fiscal 2017, backed by strong demand from smartphone makers and others in China, industry data showed Tuesday. (Jiji)
Japan's cabinet on Tuesday approved the resignation of Vice Minister of Finance Junichi Fukuda, 58, who last week offered to quit over his alleged sexually harassing remarks. (Jiji)