- RSS Channel Showcase 3965151
- RSS Channel Showcase 5220652
- RSS Channel Showcase 2591280
- RSS Channel Showcase 9451082
Articles on this Page
- 06/20/18--23:08: _Toilet paper busine...
- 06/20/18--23:18: _Possible Tyrannosau...
- 06/20/18--22:36: _JAXA releases new i...
- 06/20/18--22:59: _Teen arrested in co...
- 06/20/18--23:18: _Osaka on alert for ...
- 06/21/18--23:11: _U.S. exempts some J...
- 06/21/18--23:07: _'Dokaben' baseball ...
- 06/21/18--23:10: _Kuroda, other centr...
- 06/21/18--23:05: _Japan to halt N. Ko...
- 06/21/18--23:18: _'Drum tower' collap...
- 06/21/18--23:02: _Unlicensed lodgings...
- 06/21/18--23:31: _Woman suspected of ...
- 06/21/18--23:35: _Man who slashed 3 p...
- 06/21/18--22:56: _Hayabusa2 probe in ...
- 06/21/18--23:12: _Record 3,111 people...
- 06/21/18--23:38: _Half a million conn...
- 06/23/18--01:23: _Japan Airlines debu...
- 06/23/18--01:25: _Osaka quake seen pu...
- 06/23/18--01:05: _Japan to conduct em...
- 06/23/18--01:07: _LDP lawmaker apolog...
- 06/23/18--01:13: _Japan's antitrust w...
- 06/23/18--01:21: _Chiba: Principal at...
- 06/23/18--01:03: _Japan's biggest cry...
- 06/23/18--01:10: _Mother arrested for...
- 06/23/18--01:01: _Cannabis plants fou...
- 06/20/18--23:08: Toilet paper business on a roll in Japan
- 06/20/18--23:18: Possible Tyrannosaurus Fossil Found in Hokkaido
- 06/20/18--22:36: JAXA releases new images of Ryugu asteroid
- 06/20/18--23:18: Osaka on alert for aftershocks, landslides
- 06/21/18--23:11: U.S. exempts some Japanese, other products from steel tariffs
- 06/21/18--23:07: 'Dokaben' baseball manga to end after 46 years
- 06/21/18--23:10: Kuroda, other central bank chiefs voice concerns over trade tensions
- 06/21/18--23:05: Japan to halt N. Korea missile evacuation drills
- 06/21/18--23:18: 'Drum tower' collapses at quake-hit Kumamoto Castle
- 06/21/18--23:31: Woman suspected of killing brother and making it look like suicide
- 06/21/18--23:35: Man who slashed 3 people in Yokohama, killing 1, found dead
- 06/21/18--22:56: Hayabusa2 probe in final approach to asteroid
- 06/21/18--23:12: Record 3,111 people lost in mountains in Japan in 2017
- 06/21/18--23:38: Half a million connected trucks to ease Japan's driver shortage
- 06/23/18--01:23: Japan Airlines debuts jet featuring Disney characters
- 06/23/18--01:25: Osaka quake seen pushing down Japan's GDP by 183 billion yen
- 06/23/18--01:05: Japan to conduct emergency inspections of school routes
- 06/23/18--01:07: LDP lawmaker apologizes for jeering at cancer sufferer
- 06/23/18--01:21: Chiba: Principal at night school planted spy cam in toilet
- 06/23/18--01:03: Japan's biggest crypto exchange bitFryer punished
- 06/23/18--01:10: Mother arrested for abusing 4-year-old daughter with hot frying pan
- 06/23/18--01:01: Cannabis plants found growing at lawmaker building in Tokyo
Japanese paper manufacturers were expecting a shrinking market due to the declining population but are expanding output instead due to an unexpected boost -- a surge in foreign tourists pushing up demand, inevitably, for toilet paper. (Japan Today)
A dinosaur fossil that may be part of a tyrannosaurus has been found in Ashibetsu, Hokkaido, northern Japan, two Hokkaido museums said Wednesday. (Jiji)
The Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency, or JAXA, has released new images taken by its probe Hayabusa2. They show a crater-like indentation about 200 meters across near the equator of the Ryugu asteroid. (NHK)
Police have arrested a teen suspected of involvement in a knife attack Tuesday on a 9-year-old boy -- causing serious head trauma -- who was returning home from school in Shizuoka Prefecture, local authorities said Wednesday. (Japan Times)
People in Osaka are still reeling from Monday's major earthquake.
The United States has granted exemptions to some products from Japan and four other countries from its additional tariffs on steel imports, the Commerce Department said Wednesday. (Jiji)
The "Dokaben" popular Japanese baseball manga series, which has been published off and on in a weekly magazine since 1972, will end in the next issue due out on June 28. (Jiji)
Bank of Japan Governor Haruhiko Kuroda and other central bank chiefs expressed their concerns on Wednesday over escalating trade tensions stemming from U.S. President Donald Trump's protectionist policy. (Jiji)
The Japanese government is considering canceling evacuation drills planned for fiscal 2018 to prepare for possible ballistic missile launches by North Korea, officials said Thursday. (Jiji)
A tower at the historic, quake-damaged Kumamoto Castle in southern Japan -- one of the country's three premier castles and once a major tourist attraction -- has collapsed, an official said Thursday. (Japan Today)
Airbnb Inc said Thursday that it is still removing "thousands" of listings from its website for unlicensed private lodgings in Japan, as required under a new law that took effect last week to cope with a sharp increase in foreign visitors and a consequent shortage of hotel rooms. (Japan Today)
Police have arrested a 44-year-old woman on suspicion of murdering her 40-year-old brother by making it look like he committed suicide by carbon monoxide poisoning. (Japan Today)
A man who slashed three people, including one fatally, with a knife at a housing complex in Yokohama early Thursday, has been found dead after apparently committing suicide, police said. (Japan Today)
Japan's national space agency says its probe, "Hayabusa2", has less than a week to go before reaching the orbit of the asteroid Ryugu.
The number of people who got lost in mountains in Japan stood at 3,111 last year, its highest level on record, police data showed Thursday. (Jiji)
Japan's fleet of internet-connected trucks is expected to grow by 150% to more than 500,000 in 2020 as commercial vehicle makers cater to a logistics industry suffering from a driver shortage, corporate plans show. (Nikkei)
Japan Airlines Co. on Friday kicked off flights of a passenger jet featuring Mickey Mouse and other Disney characters to mark the 35th anniversary of the opening of Tokyo Disney Resort. (Japan Times)
The effects of Monday's major earthquake in northern Osaka Prefecture are forecast to push down Japan's real gross domestic product by 183.5 billion yen, SMBC Nikko Securities Inc. has said. (Jiji)
The Japanese government on Friday adopted a set of measures to ensure the safety of children traveling to and from school, following the murder of an elementary school girl in the central Japan city of Niigata last month. (Jiji)
A lawmaker from the ruling Liberal Democratic Party has apologized for jeering at a cancer sufferer during a parliamentary hearing on the dangers of secondhand smoke. (Jiji)
Japan's antitrust watchdog will soon conclude that four-year installment payment plans for smartphones offered by major phone carriers in the country is legally problematic, sources close to the matter said Friday. (Japan Today)
Chiba Prefectural Police have arrested the principal of a special night school in Kamagaya City for allegedly trespassing into a toilet at the institution to take illicit photographs, reports the Sankei Shimbun (tokyoreporter.comt)
Japan's Financial Services Agency on Friday slapped a business improvement order on bitFlyer Inc., the country's largest cryptocurrency exchange operator, citing flaws in its measures against money laundering and its internal control system. (Jiji)
Police in Tokyo said Friday they have arrested a 37-year-old woman on suspicion of abusing her 4-year-old daughter by pressing a hot frying pan against her back and beating her about the head and face. (Japan Today)
Four cannabis plants have been found in the grounds of an office building for House of Councilors lawmakers in Tokyo, it was learned Friday. (Jiji)