- RSS Channel Showcase 9739959
- RSS Channel Showcase 1916320
- RSS Channel Showcase 5904113
- RSS Channel Showcase 8669278
Articles on this Page
- 03/19/18--23:32: _Female police offic...
- 03/19/18--23:53: _Essential writing t...
- 03/19/18--23:15: _Sumo wrestler pulls...
- 03/19/18--23:25: _Cherry tree hits fu...
- 03/21/18--00:40: _J-Alert warnings ma...
- 03/21/18--00:41: _LDP to propose intr...
- 03/21/18--00:38: _Visitors to Japan u...
- 03/21/18--00:32: _People 75 or older ...
- 03/21/18--00:30: _Zookeeper bitten by...
- 03/21/18--21:50: _Abe considers elimi...
- 03/21/18--21:22: _Toyota halts autono...
- 03/21/18--21:26: _Japanese condom-mak...
- 03/21/18--21:44: _Amazon, Netflix gai...
- 03/21/18--21:47: _Panel: Japan ill-pr...
- 03/21/18--21:13: _Japan, Russia aim f...
- 03/21/18--21:24: _Japan pulls out sto...
- 03/21/18--21:16: _Spring snow falls i...
- 03/22/18--23:44: _Legoland to open hotel
- 03/22/18--23:46: _Invasive beetle thr...
- 03/22/18--23:23: _New sightseeing tra...
- 03/22/18--23:40: _ANA to merge Peach,...
- 03/22/18--23:42: _Zama man who confes...
- 03/22/18--23:25: _LDP draft to retain...
- 03/22/18--23:29: _3-meter Godzilla st...
- 03/22/18--23:18: _Death penalty for e...
- 03/19/18--23:32: Female police officer leaked information to yakuza boyfriend
- 03/19/18--23:53: Essential writing tips for Japanese ESL students
- 03/19/18--23:15: Sumo wrestler pulls out of ongoing tournament for beating his junior
- 03/21/18--00:40: J-Alert warnings made available in multiple languages
- 03/21/18--00:41: LDP to propose introducing F-35B fighters
- 03/21/18--00:38: Visitors to Japan up 23 percent in February
- 03/21/18--00:32: People 75 or older now majority of elderly in Japan
- 03/21/18--00:30: Zookeeper bitten by gorilla at Tokyo zoo
- 03/21/18--21:50: Abe considers eliminating restriction on foreign entities
- 03/21/18--21:22: Toyota halts autonomous vehicle testing in US
- 03/21/18--21:44: Amazon, Netflix gain ground in Japanese streaming market
- 03/21/18--21:47: Panel: Japan ill-prepared for debris from Nankai quake
- 03/21/18--21:13: Japan, Russia aim for progress in isle activity talks in May
- 03/21/18--21:24: Japan pulls out stops to improve nightlife for foreign tourists
- 03/22/18--23:44: Legoland to open hotel
- 03/22/18--23:46: Invasive beetle threatens Japan's beloved cherry blossoms
- 03/22/18--23:23: New sightseeing train debuts in Kyoto
- 03/22/18--23:25: LDP draft to retain war-renouncing clauses in Constitution
- 03/22/18--23:29: 3-meter Godzilla statue appears in Tokyo
- 03/22/18--23:18: Death penalty for ex-caregiver for killing elderly
A 23-year-old female police officer has been sent to prosecutors on Monday after it was learned that she leaked information related to investigations to her boyfriend, who is a member of a criminal syndicate, reports the Sankei Shimbun. (tokyoreporter.com)
International students that are learning English have several techniques available to them to increase their efficiency. For instance, when it comes to listening, teachers frequently let students listen to songs or watch movies. (newsonjapan.com)
A juryo-division wrestler on Monday pulled out of the ongoing Spring Grand Sumo Tournament a day after the revelation that he assaulted a lower-ranked wrestler, dragging the traditional Japanese sport into yet another scandal. (Kyodo)
A Somei-Yoshino cherry tree being monitored in Kochi reached full bloom on Monday, the Metrological Agency said. (Japan Times)
Japan's Fire and Disaster Management Agency started on Tuesday a multiple-language service to provide tourists from overseas with emergency messages, including on missile launches, that are available in the J-Alert nationwide early warning system. (Jiji)
Japan's main governing Liberal Democratic Party plans to propose introducing F-35B fighter jets and a multi-purpose aircraft carrier to be operated under the country's defense-only stance. (NHK)
Japan saw an estimated 2,509,300 visitors from overseas in February, up 23.3 pct from a year earlier, the Japan National Tourism Organization said Tuesday. (Jiji)
People aged 75 or older, called "late-stage seniors" in Japan, now constitute a majority of those aged 65 or older in the country for the first time, according to demographic estimates released by the internal affairs ministry on Tuesday. (Jiji)
A female zookeeper at Ueno Zoological Gardens in Tokyo sustained injuries Tuesday after a gorilla bit her right arm, police said. (Japan Today)
Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is considering abolishing a regulation that limits the percentage of foreign equity stakes in broadcasters, as part of a debate about reviewing regulations on broadcasting businesses. (the-japan-news.com)
Toyota Motor says it is suspending autonomous vehicle testing on US public roads in the wake of a fatal accident involving a test vehicle operated by the ride-hailing company Uber. (NHK)
Japanese condom-makers are ramping up preparations ahead of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, seeing a golden opportunity to showcase their world-record ultrathin products. (Japan Times)
Amazon nearly doubled its share and Netflix grew strongly in Japan's streaming market last year as the two global services try to raise their profiles in Asia. (variety.com)
Japan will need the equivalent of 1,600 Tokyo Domes to store rubble and debris produced from a long-anticipated huge earthquake along the Nankai Trough off the Pacific coast, according to an estimate. (Asahi)
Japanese Foreign Minister Taro Kono and his visiting Russian counterpart, Sergei Lavrov, agreed on Wednesday to accelerate talks on planned joint economic activities at the four disputed northwestern Pacific islands so that certain progress can be achieved when Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe visits Russia possibly in late May. (Jiji)
Many foreign tourists to Japan often wonder why public transportation, especially in areas of Tokyo renowned for their nightlife, is so limited after the last trains of the night.
After months of cold weather, which brought the heaviest snowfall in four years to Tokyo back in January, the days finally began warming up in the capital last week, with sunny skies and temperatures reaching highs of 22 degrees Celsius (71.6 degrees Fahrenheit). (soranews24.com)
The Legoland Japan Hotel and Sea Life Nagoya aquarium built next to the Legoland theme park in Nagoya. (Japan Today)
Across the country delicate pink and white cherry blossoms are emerging, but the famed blooms are facing a potentially mortal enemy, experts say: an invasive foreign beetle. (Japan Times)
Railway fans have flocked to Kyoto for a debut of new train cars that will take tourists to the ancient Enryaku-ji Temple in Mount Hiei. (NHK)
ANA Holdings Inc, Japan's biggest airline by revenue, said on Thursday it would merge its units Peach Aviation and Vanilla Air by March 2020, to sharpen the competitive edge of its budget carrier business and tap growing travel demand in Asia. (Japan Today)
Police on Thursday served another arrest warrant on a 27-year-old man over the murder of a high school girl last year - the 10th arrest warrant to be served on the suspect, who has admitted to killing and dismembering nine people at his apartment near Tokyo. (Japan Times)
Japan's ruling Liberal Democratic Party will leave intact two war-renouncing clauses in Article 9 of the country's Constitution while adding new clause to justify its possession of the Self-Defense Forces in drafting amendments to the supreme law, it was effectively decided on Thursday. (Jiji)
A ceremony was held on Thursday to unveil a 3-meter-tall statue of popular Japanese movie monster Godzilla in central Tokyo's Chiyoda Ward. (Jiji)
A court in Japan has sentenced a former care worker to death for killing 3 elderly residents at a nursing home in Kawasaki, near Tokyo. (NHK)