- RSS Channel Showcase 5657905
- RSS Channel Showcase 6870927
- RSS Channel Showcase 9671045
- RSS Channel Showcase 7571005
Articles on this Page
- 10/09/18--21:18: _Chiba: Another body...
- 10/10/18--21:56: _Ministry panel star...
- 10/10/18--21:49: _Tokyo Games organiz...
- 10/10/18--21:45: _Tokyo named best bi...
- 10/10/18--21:38: _Airbnb to review pr...
- 10/10/18--21:42: _Japanese passport i...
- 10/11/18--21:29: _FamilyMart Uny to m...
- 10/11/18--21:24: _Japanese Princess A...
- 10/11/18--21:23: _Japan to grant high...
- 10/11/18--21:20: _Hayabusa2 landing p...
- 10/11/18--21:32: _Yasukuni Shrine's c...
- 10/12/18--23:23: _NHK to reduce subsc...
- 10/12/18--23:28: _Family seeks damage...
- 10/12/18--23:05: _More med schools su...
- 10/12/18--22:58: _Japan presents outl...
- 10/14/18--21:20: _Woman arrested for ...
- 10/14/18--21:05: _Japan eyes reducing...
- 10/14/18--21:18: _Tokyo: Doctor used ...
- 10/14/18--20:51: _Stunning high-defin...
- 10/14/18--21:24: _Japan to introduce ...
- 10/14/18--20:56: _Abe decides to rais...
- 10/15/18--21:30: _Govt. wants to mini...
- 10/15/18--21:28: _Suga: Facebook leak...
- 10/15/18--21:26: _First joint survey ...
- 10/15/18--21:25: _Showa University ad...
- 10/09/18--21:18: Chiba: Another body part found on beach
- 10/10/18--21:56: Ministry panel starts talks on cuts to mobile phone tariffs
- 10/10/18--21:49: Tokyo Games organizers confirm courses for 2020 cycling events
- 10/10/18--21:45: Tokyo named best big city for 3rd year in U.S. travel magazine
- 10/10/18--21:38: Airbnb to review private lodging contract terms
- 10/11/18--21:29: FamilyMart Uny to make discount operator Don Quijote its affiliate
- 10/11/18--21:24: Japanese Princess Ayako to get 106.75 million yen in state money
- 10/11/18--21:23: Japan to grant highly skilled foreigners indefinite residence
- 10/11/18--21:20: Hayabusa2 landing postponed until next year
- 10/12/18--23:23: NHK to reduce subscription fees
- 10/12/18--23:28: Family seeks damages over suicide of Japanese 'farming idol'
- 10/12/18--23:05: More med schools suspected of rigging entrance exam results
- 10/12/18--22:58: Japan presents outline of new residence status for foreign workers
- 10/14/18--21:20: Woman arrested for killing brother to be charged over father's death
- 10/14/18--21:18: Tokyo: Doctor used 'JK' service for illicit encounter with teen
- 10/14/18--20:56: Abe decides to raise consumption tax as scheduled
- 10/15/18--21:30: Govt. wants to minimize tax impacts
- 10/15/18--21:28: Suga: Facebook leak may affect Japanese users
- 10/15/18--21:25: Showa University admits to rigging entrance exam results
Following the discovery of several body parts belonging to a woman on beaches since late last month, Chiba Prefectural Police have announced that a foot was found floating at sea in the same general area on Monday, reports NHK. (tokyoreporter.com)
A study group at the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications held its first meeting Wednesday, where it discussed ways to spur industry competition with the aim of lowering mobile phone fees in the nation.
The organizing committee of the 2020 Tokyo Games announced the routes for the Olympic individual time trial and Paralympic road race on Wednesday, finalizing the courses for all cycling events taking place in two years’ time.
Tokyo was picked as the most favorite travel destination for the third consecutive year, annual rankings released by U.S. travel magazine Conde Nast Traveler showed on Tuesday. (Jiji)
Accommodation service provider Airbnb says it will review its contract terms with private lodging operators in Japan. (NHK)
Japan now has the most powerful passport on the planet, a key to visa-free travel to more destinations than Singapore and Germany, according to the 2018 Henley Passport Index. (usatoday.com)
Major Japanese retailer FamilyMart Uny Holdings Co. said Thursday it will make discount store operator Don Quijote Holdings Co. its affiliate in a deeper capital tie-up amid intensifying competition in the shrinking domestic retail market. (Kyodo)
The Imperial House Economy Council decided on Thursday that 106.75 million yen in state money will be given to Princess Ayako, 28, who is set to marry this month and lose her Imperial Family status. (Jiji)
Japan will grant indefinite residence to highly skilled workers from abroad under a planned resident status program for foreigners, it was learned Thursday. (Jiji)
Japan's space agency says it will postpone landing its Hayabusa2 probe on the asteroid Ryugu until at least next January. The landing was planned for late October.
In one of the most shocking scandals to hit Tokyo’s 149-year-old war-linked Yasukuni Shrine, the shrine’s top priest has been forced to resign after admitting his reported remarks harshly criticizing Emperor Akihito were genuine. (Japan Times)
The head of NHK said Friday the Japanese public broadcaster aims to lower its subscription fees, possibly from fiscal 2019, after a government panel made it a condition for the company to start simultaneous online streaming of its television programs. (Japan Today)
The family of a pop group member promoting agriculture in western Japan who hanged herself in March sued officials of her talent agency for damages on Friday, claiming their harassment and overwork caused her death. (Japan Today)
A education ministry survey has found that more universities with medical departments in Japan are suspected of rigging entrance examination results, education minister Masahiko Shibayama said Friday. (Jiji)
The Japanese government presented Friday an outline for a planned residence status program for foreign workers, which it aims to introduce in April next year. (Jiji)
Police in Sakai, Osaka, plan to charge a 44-year-old woman, already under arrest for killing her 40-year-old brother by making it look like he committed suicide by carbon monoxide poisoning, with the murder of her father by withholding his insulin.
The government will announce an ambitious plan aimed at cutting disposable plastic waste by 25 percent over the next decade while promoting environmentally friendly bioplastics made from plants, sources said Saturday.
Tokyo Metropolitan Police have arrested a male doctor who has been accused of using a so-called “JK business” for an illicit encounter with a teenage girl earlier this year, reports the Sankei Shimbun (Oct. 11). (tokyoreporter.com)
The fine balance between lush greenery and vibrant city makes Kushiro a nature lover’s paradise. (soranews24.com)
The government will introduce an electronic system for tourist visa applications in April 2020 in an effort to help achieve its goal of 60 million foreign visitors a year by 2030, government sources said Sunday.
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has decided to increase the consumption tax rate from 8 pct to 10 pct in October next year as planned to secure funds to carry out programs to realize a social security system that will be beneficial for all generations, sources close to him said Sunday. (Jiji)
The Japanese government is looking at how to minimize the impact of the tax hike.
Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga says Facebook has informed the government that its recent massive data leak could involve Japanese users.
The Imperial Household Agency said Monday it will jointly excavate Japan’s largest ancient mounded tomb with a local government for the first time. (Japan Times)
Showa University in Tokyo admitted Monday that its medical school has been rigging entrance examination results in favor of first- and second-time test takers, while putting former students' children high on waiting lists to fill vacancies. (Jiji)