- RSS Channel Showcase 7160920
- RSS Channel Showcase 5551996
- RSS Channel Showcase 8643674
- RSS Channel Showcase 4183429
Articles on this Page
- 11/28/18--23:15: _Kirin to drop bigge...
- 11/28/18--23:12: _10 Japanese rituals...
- 11/28/18--23:22: _Aging Japan faces 2...
- 11/30/18--00:25: _Syphilis infections...
- 11/30/18--00:06: _Prince Fumihito sta...
- 11/30/18--00:07: _Man caught after sh...
- 11/30/18--00:14: _Shiseido Japan's sa...
- 11/30/18--00:03: _JAL pilot, 10 times...
- 11/30/18--00:08: _Japanese prosecutor...
- 11/30/18--19:56: _Foreign workers' ch...
- 11/30/18--19:53: _Foreign rental car ...
- 11/30/18--19:55: _SoftBank aims for J...
- 11/30/18--19:59: _Ex-Morning-Musume i...
- 11/30/18--19:52: _Prince Akishino que...
- 12/01/18--19:09: _Princess Aiko turns 17
- 12/01/18--19:12: _Abe, Putin meet in ...
- 12/01/18--19:11: _18-yr-old girl foun...
- 12/02/18--21:49: _Shizuoka: Man, 78, ...
- 12/02/18--21:53: _Seven-Eleven Japan ...
- 12/03/18--21:22: _Detained Ghosn keep...
- 11/28/18--23:15: Kirin to drop biggest whisky brand
- 11/28/18--23:12: 10 Japanese rituals may be on UNESCO list
- 11/28/18--23:22: Aging Japan faces 25% drop in GDP, IMF warns
- 11/30/18--00:25: Syphilis infections in Japan top 6,000 for first time since 1970
- 11/30/18--00:06: Prince Fumihito stands firm over postponement of daughter's marriage
- 11/30/18--00:07: Man caught after sharing his drift driving videos on Instagram
- 11/30/18--00:03: JAL pilot, 10 times over alcohol limit, jailed for 10 months in UK
- 11/30/18--00:08: Japanese prosecutors say they will detain Ghosn as long as needed
- 11/30/18--19:56: Foreign workers' children may get resident status
- 11/30/18--19:55: SoftBank aims for Japan's largest-ever IPO, worth $23bn
- 11/30/18--19:52: Prince Akishino questions rite funding
- 12/01/18--19:09: Princess Aiko turns 17
- 12/01/18--19:12: Abe, Putin meet in Argentina
- 12/02/18--21:49: Shizuoka: Man, 78, found murdered at residence
- 12/03/18--21:22: Detained Ghosn keeps denying money misconduct allegations: sources
Officials at major beverage maker Kirin are dropping their biggest domestic whisky brand. They say it's too difficult to maintain supply amid a recent spike in sales.
Ten traditional rituals of Japan featuring people in masks and costumes are expected to be added to the list of UNESCO's Intangible Cultural Heritage. (NHK)
Japan's gross domestic product could fall by over 25% in the next 40 years as its population declines, the International Monetary Fund said Wednesday, urging the government to boost productivity through structural reform to mitigate the damage. (Nikkei)
Cases of syphilis infections this year totaled 6,096 as of Nov. 18, exceeding an annual amount of 6,000 for the first time since 1970, the National Institute of Infectious Diseases said Wednesday. (Japan Times)
Prince Fumihito (Akishino)has adopted a strict stance over the postponement of his daughter Princess Mako's marriage with university boyfriend Kei Komuro, asking Komuro's family to resolve outstanding financial issues if they want the wedding to go ahead. (Japan Today)
A 31-year-old man in southwestern Japan was referred to prosecutors on Thursday after sharing on Instagram videos of him drift driving that he had his elementary- school-age son and others take, police said. (Japan Today)
The artistic commercial secured a Grand Prix win as well as a gold award for the film category. (soranews24.com)
A Japan Airlines pilot was jailed for 10 months on Thursday after being caught 10 times over the alcohol limit shortly before take-off from London Heathrow Airport. (Japan Today)
Japanese prosecutors said Thursday they will detain former Nissan chairman Carlos Ghosn for as long as is needed to finish their investigation into suspicions of financial irregularities, as the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi alliance reaffirmed its partnership. (Japan Today)
The Japanese government says children born to foreigners in the country on a proposed skilled worker visa could receive resident status, even though the visa would, in principle, bar the workers from bringing family members to Japan.
The rate of rental car accidents involving foreign drivers in Osaka Prefecture is four times higher than those involving Japanese drivers, according to recent data released by the Internal Affairs and Communications Ministry. (Japan Times)
SoftBank Group's mobile unit on Friday set an indicative price of 1,500 yen per share ahead of what would be Japan largest-ever initial public offering in December. (Nikkei)
Hitomi Yoshizawa, a former member of the all-girl J-pop group Morning Musume, was sentenced Friday to two years in prison suspended for five years for injuring two people in a hit-and-run incident in September while driving under the influence of alcohol. (Japan Times)
Prince Akishino, the second son of Emperor Akihito, has raised the question about the use of public funds for a ritual following next year's Imperial succession.
Princess Aiko, the only child of Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako, turned 17 on Saturday, enjoying her life in high school, including attending summer school at Eton College in Britain as her first overseas stay on her own. (Japan Today)
The leaders of Japan and Russia are holding talks in Argentina. They are expected to discuss a mechanism to speed up negotiations on a peace treaty.
The body of an 18-year-old girl was found at the edge of a river in Mito, Ibaraki Prefecture, on Friday night. Police said the girl’s father was found collapsed on the ground nearby, with a stab wound to his neck in what they believe was an attempted suicide. (Japan Today)
Shizuoka Prefectural Police launched a criminal investigation after the body of a 78-year-old man was found at his residence in Numazu City last week, reports the Asahi Shimbun (Dec. 2). (tokyoreporter.com)
Leading convenience store chain Seven-Eleven Japan Co. has asked franchise outlets in Tokyo to remove ashtray receptacles from the store premises, it was learned Sunday. (Japan Times)
Former Nissan Motor Co. Chairman Carlos Ghosn continues to deny allegations of financial misconduct against him, and says he will not make a false confession, sources close to the matter said Monday. (Kyodok)