- RSS Channel Showcase 8499193
- RSS Channel Showcase 5887825
- RSS Channel Showcase 2050695
- RSS Channel Showcase 4477604
Articles on this Page
- 11/06/18--21:10: _Tepco offers Englis...
- 11/06/18--20:49: _Snow crab fishing s...
- 11/06/18--21:06: _Japan to make trade...
- 11/06/18--20:55: _Man arrested over d...
- 11/06/18--20:57: _Man nabbed after Yo...
- 11/06/18--21:15: _Japan's youth suici...
- 11/07/18--20:37: _49-year-old man, so...
- 11/07/18--20:42: _Tokyo Medical Univ ...
- 11/07/18--20:34: _Japan's first drone...
- 11/07/18--20:45: _Postal employee, 36...
- 11/07/18--20:49: _Passengers to be ba...
- 11/08/18--20:50: _Kyoto aiming to dis...
- 11/08/18--20:41: _Hakuho to skip Kyus...
- 11/08/18--20:43: _Japan to ban drone ...
- 11/08/18--20:45: _Kyoto Restaurant To...
- 11/08/18--20:53: _Man arrested on sus...
- 11/08/18--21:12: _In case you missed ...
- 11/08/18--21:52: _In new five-year pl...
- 11/09/18--20:19: _Effort to nudge Jap...
- 11/09/18--20:29: _Keio University sub...
- 11/06/18--20:49: Snow crab fishing season begins in Sea of Japan
- 11/06/18--21:06: Japan to make trademark registration of era names impossible
- 11/06/18--20:55: Man arrested over deaths of mother, grandmother in Shimane
- 11/06/18--20:57: Man nabbed after YouTube clip shows 280 kph drive
- 11/06/18--21:15: Japan's youth suicides hit 30-year high
- 11/07/18--20:42: Tokyo Medical Univ to accept some applicants denied by exam rigging
- 11/07/18--20:45: Postal employee, 36, paid teen girl for sex in rental car
- 11/08/18--20:50: Kyoto aiming to disperse crowds to ease 'overtourism'
- 11/08/18--20:41: Hakuho to skip Kyushu tournament
- 11/08/18--20:43: Japan to ban drone flights over 2020 Games venues
- 11/08/18--20:45: Kyoto Restaurant Tour Experience | Gion at Night
Tokyo Electric Power Company Holdings Inc. has launched an English-language online virtual tour of the interior of the crippled Fukushima No. 1 power plant, allowing website visitors to check the progress of decommissioning work following the 2011 meltdowns --- one of the world's worst nuclear crises.
Fishing season for snow crabs, a winter delicacy, began in the Sea of Japan on Tuesday.
The government plans to set a clear rule that no trademark containing any era name can be registered.
Police have arrested a 21-year-old man on suspicion of killing his 46-year-old mother and 82-year-old grandmother at their home in Matsue, Shimane Prefecture. (Japan Today)
Osaka Prefectural Police have sent papers to prosecutors on a man who allegedly drove a vehicle at 220 kilometers over the speed limit on a road in Higashiosaka City earlier this year, reports NHK (Nov. 5). (tokyoreporter.com)
Suicides by Japanese youth have reached a 30-year-high, the education ministry said on Monday, even as overall suicide numbers have steadily declined over the past 15 years. (Japan Today)
A 49-year-old unemployed man has been arrested on charges of corpse abandonment after his mother’s body was found at their home in Yokohama. The suspect, who is reportedly unable to talk with strangers, has been a hikikomori (social recluse) for approximately 40 years and is communicating in writing during the police investigation. (Japan Today)
Tokyo Medical University will admit applicants who were rejected in 2017 and 2018 due to a rigged admission process, if they still wish to attend the school, sources familiar with the matter said Tuesday. (Japan Today)
Japan Post Co. on Wednesday began transporting documents by drone in Fukushima Prefecture, the first operation of its kind in Japan, following easing of regulations to cope with labor shortages in the transport industry. (Japan Times)
Tokyo Metropolitan Police have arrested a male employee of Japan Post for allegedly paying a teenage girl for an illicit encounter earlier this year, reports the Sankei Shimbun (tokyoreporter.com)
The transport ministry will prohibit passengers of all trains in Japan from carrying unpacked knives onto trains from next April under new security measures following a fatal stabbing on a shinkansen bullet train in June, officials said Tuesday. (Japan Today)
Kyoto, one of the most popular tourist destinations in Japan, is aiming to attract travelers to lesser-known spots to ease "overtourism" that has increased complaints among visitors and local people. (Japan Today)
Yokozuna Hakuho will not take part in the Kyushu Grand Sumo Tournament that begins on Sunday as he is still recuperating from an operation on his right knee.
The Japanese government is set to ban flights of drones over and near the venues of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics and Paralympics to prevent accidents and acts of terrorism.
Kyoto, Japan. Think food. Lots of food! That's dining out in the city and Gion is the place to be at night. Tempura, Tofu, Ramen, Wagyu Steaks, Sushi, Sashimi, Sukiyaki, Grilled Fish ... it's endless! (ONLY in JAPAN)
A 51-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of assaulting a female high school student in a back alley in Tokyo in July, police said Wednesday. (Japan Today)
U.S. President Donald Trump’s combative relationship with the media was on full display Wednesday as he shouted and ranted at reporters in a news conference that led to the suspension of a CNN reporter. (Japan Times)
Toshiba Corp. on Thursday announced its five-year business reform plan to revamp its operations, with thousands of global job cuts, a withdrawal from its nuclear plant construction business in Britain and a sell-off of a U.S. liquefied natural gas operation on the agenda. (Japan Times)
On Oct. 15, Prime Minister Shinzo Abe confirmed during an extraordinary Cabinet meeting that the government would raise the consumption tax from 8 to 10 percent next Oct. 1. (Japan Times)
A Keio University team hopes to carry out Japan’s first clinical research into transplanting wombs to women who do not have the organ, according to sources. (Japan Times)