- RSS Channel Showcase 1781251
- RSS Channel Showcase 3607251
- RSS Channel Showcase 8005287
- RSS Channel Showcase 3471110
Articles on this Page
- 10/07/18--22:28: _Number of foreign n...
- 10/07/18--22:27: _Early morning sight...
- 10/07/18--22:07: _After 83 years, Tsu...
- 10/07/18--22:26: _American DJ David M...
- 10/07/18--21:59: _Physical strength o...
- 10/09/18--20:57: _Japan, Mekong count...
- 10/08/18--21:21: _Zookeeper dies afte...
- 10/09/18--21:25: _TV exec accused of ...
- 10/09/18--20:59: _TSE system error ha...
- 10/09/18--20:55: _Keidanren decides t...
- 10/09/18--21:13: _Taiwan to vote on w...
- 10/09/18--21:18: _Chiba: Another body...
- 10/10/18--21:56: _Ministry panel star...
- 10/10/18--21:49: _Tokyo Games organiz...
- 10/10/18--21:45: _Tokyo named best bi...
- 10/10/18--21:38: _Airbnb to review pr...
- 10/10/18--21:42: _Japanese passport i...
- 10/11/18--21:29: _FamilyMart Uny to m...
- 10/11/18--21:24: _Japanese Princess A...
- 10/11/18--21:23: _Japan to grant high...
- 10/07/18--22:27: Early morning sightseeing on the rise in Kyoto and Tokyo
- 10/07/18--22:07: After 83 years, Tsukiji market closes for last time
- 10/07/18--21:59: Physical strength of elderly in Japan improves
- 10/09/18--20:57: Japan, Mekong countries agree to cooperate on Indo-Pacific strategy
- 10/08/18--21:21: Zookeeper dies after being mauled by white tiger
- 10/09/18--21:25: TV exec accused of sex with teen girl met in Akihabara
- 10/09/18--20:59: TSE system error halts trades
- 10/09/18--20:55: Keidanren decides to scrap corporate hiring guidelines
- 10/09/18--21:18: Chiba: Another body part found on beach
- 10/10/18--21:56: Ministry panel starts talks on cuts to mobile phone tariffs
- 10/10/18--21:49: Tokyo Games organizers confirm courses for 2020 cycling events
- 10/10/18--21:45: Tokyo named best big city for 3rd year in U.S. travel magazine
- 10/10/18--21:38: Airbnb to review private lodging contract terms
- 10/11/18--21:29: FamilyMart Uny to make discount operator Don Quijote its affiliate
- 10/11/18--21:24: Japanese Princess Ayako to get 106.75 million yen in state money
- 10/11/18--21:23: Japan to grant highly skilled foreigners indefinite residence
The number of foreign nationals who were deported in the January-June period for immigration violations rose 16.5 percent from a year before to 7,892, the Justice Ministry has announced.
More tourists in Kyoto and Tokyo are sightseeing early in the morning, although many venues are not yet ready to handle the new trend.
The final trading session took place in Tokyo's famed Tsukiji wholesale food market on Saturday before relocation, ending the market's 83-year-old history as "the kitchen" of the metropolitan area. (Jiji)
American DJ David Morales was arrested Sunday at Fukuoka Airport on suspicion of smuggling drugs from Hong Kong, local police said. (Japan Times)
The physical strength and athletic ability of elderly people in Japan has largely improved, while those of people in their 30s and 40s has mostly fallen, the Japan Sports Agency said in a survey report on Sunday. (Jiji)
Leaders of Japan and five Southeast Asian countries along the Mekong River agreed Tuesday to work together for realizing a free and open Indo-Pacific strategy proposed by Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe. (Jiji)
A zookeeper died after a white tiger mauled him Monday afternoon at a zoological park in Kagoshima, rescue workers said. (Japan Today)
An executive of Fukushima Television Broadcasting Co. has been accused of paying a teenage girl for sex earlier this year, reports Nikkan Sports. (tokyoreporter.com)
The operator of the Tokyo Stock Exchange says trading was partially disrupted due to system trouble on Tuesday but was expected to return to normal on Wednesday.
The Japan Business Federation, or Keidanren, said Tuesday that it will scrap its guidelines for corporate hiring of college graduates who will join the workforce in spring 2021 or later. (Jiji)
Taiwan will hold a referendum during local elections next month on whether to maintain a ban on food products from five Japanese prefectures imposed in the wake of the 2011 Fukushima nuclear disaster, the Central Election Commission said Tuesday. (Japan Times)
Following the discovery of several body parts belonging to a woman on beaches since late last month, Chiba Prefectural Police have announced that a foot was found floating at sea in the same general area on Monday, reports NHK. (tokyoreporter.com)
A study group at the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications held its first meeting Wednesday, where it discussed ways to spur industry competition with the aim of lowering mobile phone fees in the nation.
The organizing committee of the 2020 Tokyo Games announced the routes for the Olympic individual time trial and Paralympic road race on Wednesday, finalizing the courses for all cycling events taking place in two years’ time.
Tokyo was picked as the most favorite travel destination for the third consecutive year, annual rankings released by U.S. travel magazine Conde Nast Traveler showed on Tuesday. (Jiji)
Accommodation service provider Airbnb says it will review its contract terms with private lodging operators in Japan. (NHK)
Japan now has the most powerful passport on the planet, a key to visa-free travel to more destinations than Singapore and Germany, according to the 2018 Henley Passport Index. (usatoday.com)
Major Japanese retailer FamilyMart Uny Holdings Co. said Thursday it will make discount store operator Don Quijote Holdings Co. its affiliate in a deeper capital tie-up amid intensifying competition in the shrinking domestic retail market. (Kyodo)
The Imperial House Economy Council decided on Thursday that 106.75 million yen in state money will be given to Princess Ayako, 28, who is set to marry this month and lose her Imperial Family status. (Jiji)
Japan will grant indefinite residence to highly skilled workers from abroad under a planned resident status program for foreigners, it was learned Thursday. (Jiji)