- RSS Channel Showcase 7316847
- RSS Channel Showcase 4323784
- RSS Channel Showcase 9445883
- RSS Channel Showcase 7577325
Articles on this Page
- 09/26/18--21:32: _Ex-taxi driver robs...
- 09/26/18--21:34: _Rubella patients in...
- 09/26/18--21:43: _Top Japanese univer...
- 09/26/18--21:13: _Typhoon Trami appro...
- 09/26/18--21:27: _Application for Tok...
- 09/26/18--21:49: _Emperor's throne tr...
- 09/28/18--22:21: _Universal Studios J...
- 09/28/18--22:08: _Subaru reports more...
- 09/28/18--22:04: _Japan, U.S. hold jo...
- 09/28/18--22:12: _Record-high 70% of ...
- 09/28/18--22:22: _Ex-girl group idol ...
- 09/28/18--21:59: _Record 385 foreigne...
- 09/28/18--21:55: _Japan's Kounotori 7...
- 09/28/18--23:03: _Kyoto lodging tax k...
- 09/29/18--13:08: _Kansai Airport to c...
- 09/29/18--22:07: _Price increases to ...
- 09/29/18--22:28: _Decapitated, limble...
- 09/29/18--22:04: _Escaped suspect det...
- 09/30/18--21:57: _Toyota official say...
- 09/30/18--21:59: _Captured fugitive's...
- 09/26/18--21:32: Ex-taxi driver robs current cabbie in Kabukicho
- 09/26/18--21:34: Rubella patients in Japan increase sevenfold from last year
- 09/26/18--21:43: Top Japanese universities climb in world rankings
- 09/26/18--21:13: Typhoon Trami approaching Okinawa
- 09/26/18--21:27: Application for Tokyo Games volunteers starts
- 09/26/18--21:49: Emperor's throne transferred to Tokyo's Imperial Palace
- 09/28/18--22:21: Universal Studios Japan to cut ticket prices for fall off-season
- 09/28/18--22:08: Subaru reports more cases of improper vehicle inspections
- 09/28/18--22:04: Japan, U.S. hold joint air drill over East China Sea
- 09/28/18--22:12: Record-high 70% of women held jobs in August amid labor shortage
- 09/28/18--21:59: Record 385 foreigners in Japan get resident status revoked in 2017
- 09/28/18--21:55: Japan's Kounotori 7 cargo ship docks with ISS
- 09/28/18--23:03: Kyoto lodging tax kicks in on Monday
- 09/29/18--13:08: Kansai Airport to close on Sunday
- 09/29/18--22:07: Price increases to affect Japanese households
- 09/29/18--22:28: Decapitated, limbless body found in Chiba estuary
- 09/29/18--22:04: Escaped suspect detained in western Japan
Tokyo Metropolitan Police have arrested a former taxi driver over the alleged robbery of a current cabbie earlier this month, reports TBS News (Sept. 26). (tokyoreporter.com)
Rubella patients reported in Japan numbered 642 between Jan. 1 and Sept. 16, up nearly sevenfold from 93 for the whole of last year, the National Institute of Infectious Diseases said Wednesday. (Jiji)
A record 103 Japanese universities made it onto this year’s Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings list, with the nation’s two top universities — the University of Tokyo and Kyoto University — moving up in the standings.
Weather officials say a very large, strong typhoon will approach Japan's southern prefecture of Okinawa around Saturday. Then it could come close to western Japan on Sunday.
The organizers of the 2020 Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games and the Tokyo Metropolitan Government have begun inviting volunteers for the events.
The "Takamikura" throne to be used in a ceremony in October next year for the proclamation of Japanese Crown Prince Naruhito's enthronement to succeed Emperor Akihito arrived in Tokyo's Imperial Palace on Wednesday. (Jiji)
USJ Co. said Thursday it would lower ticket prices for Universal Studios Japan during the theme park’s off-season, while raising them during busy periods. (Japan Times)
Subaru Corp. revealed fresh cases of improper final vehicle inspections on Friday in a final report on its series of data falsifications that blamed excessive workloads on inspectors for causing the practice. (Kyodo)
Japan's Air Self-Defense Force and the U.S. military held a joint drill over the East China Sea and the Sea of Japan on Thursday, the Defense Ministry's Air Staff Office said Friday. (Jiji)
The percentage of working-age women with jobs in Japan reached a record-high 70.0 percent in August, government data showed Friday, underscoring an increase in female workers amid changing attitudes and a deepening labor shortage. (Japan Today)
A Japanese court on Thursday released on bail Hitomi Yoshizawa, a former member of the all-girl J-pop group Morning Musume, who was indicted the previous day for injuring two people in a hit-and-run incident while driving under the influence of alcohol. (Kyodo)
The number of foreigners who had their resident status revoked in Japan in 2017 jumped 31 pct from the previous year to 385, reaching a record high since such statistics were first compiled in 2005, the Justice Ministry said Friday. (Jiji)
Japan's Kounotori 7 unmanned cargo spacecraft docked with the International Space Station on Friday. (Jiji)
Beginning Monday, visitors to Kyoto will be hit with an increase to their lodging bills as the city’s accommodation tax goes into effect at over 3,200 hotels, traditional inns, and private lodgings. (Japan Times)
The operator of Kansai International Airport in Osaka says it's closing the airport's 2 runways between 11 AM on Sunday and 6 AM on Monday due to an approaching typhoon.
Japanese households face greater financial burdens starting on Monday, the start of the fiscal second half, when prices for a variety of products and services, ranging from cigarettes and wheat to cram school fees, go up. (Jiji)
The decapitated and limbless body of a woman was found Saturday floating in an estuary in eastern Japan, local police said. (Japan Today)
A 30-year-old man who escaped from a police station in Osaka Prefecture, western Japan, in August was detained in Yamaguchi Prefecture, about 360 kilometers away, on Saturday. (Jiji)
Toyota Motor Corp. anticipates halting production at its Midlands U.K. factory in the event Britain leaves the European Union without a deal, the plants managing director, Marvin Cooke, told the BBC. (Japan Times)
A 30-year-old man recaptured after escaping from a police station in Osaka Prefecture in mid-August had likely been traveling on a stolen bicycle with another man who was unaware of who he was, police said Sunday. (Japan Times)