- RSS Channel Showcase 4965527
- RSS Channel Showcase 1006097
- RSS Channel Showcase 6472339
- RSS Channel Showcase 1256400
Articles on this Page
- 06/19/18--23:46: _Japan lower house o...
- 06/20/18--00:06: _Japanese schools in...
- 06/20/18--00:08: _Child-rearing envir...
- 06/20/18--00:09: _Suicide rate falls ...
- 06/19/18--23:39: _Kake denies controv...
- 06/20/18--00:15: _After Mercari, Japa...
- 06/19/18--23:36: _Soccer fans elated ...
- 06/19/18--14:38: _Japan make history ...
- 06/20/18--23:04: _Bad debt from cash ...
- 06/20/18--22:51: _Expert warns about ...
- 06/20/18--23:13: _70 percent of Japan...
- 06/20/18--22:47: _Visitor numbers to ...
- 06/20/18--23:08: _Toilet paper busine...
- 06/20/18--23:18: _Possible Tyrannosau...
- 06/20/18--22:36: _JAXA releases new i...
- 06/20/18--22:59: _Teen arrested in co...
- 06/20/18--23:18: _Osaka on alert for ...
- 06/21/18--23:11: _U.S. exempts some J...
- 06/21/18--23:07: _'Dokaben' baseball ...
- 06/21/18--23:10: _Kuroda, other centr...
- 06/19/18--23:46: Japan lower house oks casino bill
- 06/20/18--00:06: Japanese schools introduce LGBT-friendly uniforms
- 06/20/18--00:08: Child-rearing environment inadequate in Japan: white paper
- 06/20/18--00:09: Suicide rate falls for 8th year in Japan
- 06/19/18--23:39: Kake denies controversial meeting with Abe
- 06/20/18--00:15: After Mercari, Japanese unicorns closer to extinction
- 06/19/18--23:36: Soccer fans elated at Japan's win over Colombia
- 06/19/18--14:38: Japan make history with World Cup win against 10-man Colombia
- 06/20/18--23:04: Bad debt from cash advances piles up at Japan's megabanks
- 06/20/18--22:51: Expert warns about fault zones after Osaka quake
- 06/20/18--23:13: 70 percent of Japanese parents want more kids: survey
- 06/20/18--22:47: Visitor numbers to Japan hit record for May
- 06/20/18--23:08: Toilet paper business on a roll in Japan
- 06/20/18--23:18: Possible Tyrannosaurus Fossil Found in Hokkaido
- 06/20/18--22:36: JAXA releases new images of Ryugu asteroid
- 06/20/18--23:18: Osaka on alert for aftershocks, landslides
- 06/21/18--23:11: U.S. exempts some Japanese, other products from steel tariffs
- 06/21/18--23:07: 'Dokaben' baseball manga to end after 46 years
- 06/21/18--23:10: Kuroda, other central bank chiefs voice concerns over trade tensions
The House of Representatives passed a bill to introduce up to three casino-featuring integrated resorts in Japan at a plenary meeting Tuesday. (Jiji)
An emerging number of Japanese schools are introducing genderless uniforms or flexible uniform codes in an effort to support lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender students. (Kyodo)
People in Japan are less satisfied with the child-rearing environment in the country than those in Britain, France and Sweden, a Japanese government white paper revealed Tuesday. (Jiji)
The number of suicides per population of 100,000 came to 16.8 in Japan in 2017, down for the eighth consecutive year, hitting the lowest level on records dating back to 1978, a government white paper showed on Tuesday. (Jiji)
The head of a veterinary school operator at the center of a political scandal in Japan denies he ever had a meeting with Prime Minister Shinzo Abe to discuss a school project.
Following Mercari's blockbuster stock market debut Tuesday, Japan's lineup of unlisted startups valued above $1 billion has shrunk to basically two, underscoring the domestic tech industry's persistent failure to cultivate unicorns. (Nikkei)
Japanese soccer fans have been celebrating their national squad's 2-1 win over Colombia in its first group match in the World Cup finals. (NHK)
Yuya Osako exacted sweet revenge for Japan on Tuesday as the Blue Samurai beat Colombia 2-1, becoming the first Asian side ever to beat a South American team at the World Cup. (jacarandafm.com)
Japan's largest banks have buoyed earnings with high-interest cash advances over the last few years, but these loans are starting to take a toll as irrecoverable debt piles up. (Nikkei)
A scientist says fresh strain is believed to have built up along active faults following Monday's major earthquake in Osaka Prefecture, western Japan. (NHK)
The proportion of parents with infants in the country who want to have more children stands at around 70 percent, a private survey found Wednesday. (Japan Times)
The number of foreign visitors to Japan in May set a record for the month.
Japanese paper manufacturers were expecting a shrinking market due to the declining population but are expanding output instead due to an unexpected boost -- a surge in foreign tourists pushing up demand, inevitably, for toilet paper. (Japan Today)
A dinosaur fossil that may be part of a tyrannosaurus has been found in Ashibetsu, Hokkaido, northern Japan, two Hokkaido museums said Wednesday. (Jiji)
The Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency, or JAXA, has released new images taken by its probe Hayabusa2. They show a crater-like indentation about 200 meters across near the equator of the Ryugu asteroid. (NHK)
Police have arrested a teen suspected of involvement in a knife attack Tuesday on a 9-year-old boy -- causing serious head trauma -- who was returning home from school in Shizuoka Prefecture, local authorities said Wednesday. (Japan Times)
People in Osaka are still reeling from Monday's major earthquake.
The United States has granted exemptions to some products from Japan and four other countries from its additional tariffs on steel imports, the Commerce Department said Wednesday. (Jiji)
The "Dokaben" popular Japanese baseball manga series, which has been published off and on in a weekly magazine since 1972, will end in the next issue due out on June 28. (Jiji)
Bank of Japan Governor Haruhiko Kuroda and other central bank chiefs expressed their concerns on Wednesday over escalating trade tensions stemming from U.S. President Donald Trump's protectionist policy. (Jiji)