- RSS Channel Showcase 3078848
- RSS Channel Showcase 9686296
- RSS Channel Showcase 4879010
- RSS Channel Showcase 5251606
Articles on this Page
- 04/28/18--00:18: _85-year-old Japanes...
- 04/28/18--00:23: _JAXA's orbital rock...
- 04/27/18--23:31: _BOJ drops inflation...
- 04/27/18--23:42: _Abe welcomes outcom...
- 04/28/18--22:34: _Bunraku Narrator Ta...
- 04/28/18--22:23: _'Comfort women' mem...
- 04/28/18--22:32: _Man served with 2nd...
- 04/28/18--22:36: _China outlaws Imper...
- 04/28/18--22:43: _Charges dropped aga...
- 04/28/18--22:24: _Abe, Trump agree to...
- 04/28/18--22:39: _Survey to be conduc...
- 04/29/18--22:53: _Sprint, T-Mobile ag...
- 04/29/18--22:55: _Saitama cop resigns...
- 04/29/18--22:50: _Man on platform hit...
- 04/29/18--23:18: _Western Japan touts...
- 04/30/18--21:31: _Fukushima cops laun...
- 04/30/18--21:35: _Expertly-piloted mi...
- 04/30/18--21:25: _Emperor has one yea...
- 04/30/18--21:22: _Police arrest escap...
- 05/06/18--22:08: _10-year-old boy fou...
- 04/28/18--00:23: JAXA's orbital rocket listed by Guinness as world's smallest
- 04/27/18--23:31: BOJ drops inflation target date
- 04/27/18--23:42: Abe welcomes outcome of inter-Korean summit
- 04/28/18--22:34: Bunraku Narrator Takemoto Sumitayu, National Treasure, Dies at 93
- 04/28/18--22:23: 'Comfort women' memorial removed from Manila baywalk
- 04/28/18--22:32: Man served with 2nd warrant over murders of 5 in Kagoshima Pref
- 04/28/18--22:36: China outlaws Imperial Japan military costume play
- 04/28/18--22:24: Abe, Trump agree to seek N. Korea's concrete actions
- 04/28/18--22:39: Survey to be conducted on women and sumo ring
- 04/29/18--22:53: Sprint, T-Mobile agree to combine in $26.5 billion deal
- 04/29/18--22:50: Man on platform hit by train after argument with commuter
- 04/29/18--23:18: Western Japan touts rural charms to lure Asian tourists
- 04/30/18--21:25: Emperor has one year remaining before abdication
- 04/30/18--21:22: Police arrest escapee after over 20 days
- 05/06/18--22:08: 10-year-old boy found after going missing on mountain for 22 hours
This seemingly frail 85-year-old Japanese granny and her amazing piano skills sure have impressed us.
The Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency announced Friday that its SS520-5 has been recognized as the smallest orbital rocket by Guinness World Records. (Japan Times)
Policymakers at the Bank of Japan have decided to continue their massive easing program.
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has welcomed the outcome of the inter-Korean summit. He expressed hope that North Korea will take concrete action in the wake of the historic meeting. (NHK)
Japanese human national treasure Takemoto Sumitayu, narrator of traditional "bunraku" puppet plays, died of pneumonia at a hospital in the western city of Osaka on Saturday. He was 93. (Jiji)
A memorial dedicated to Filipino "comfort women" forced to work in Japanese brothels during World War II was removed Friday night, days after suspicions surfaced about its possible demolition. (Japan Today)
Police served on Saturday a fresh arrest warrant on a 38-year-old man for the murders of two of the five people he has confessed to killing at a home in Hioki, Kagoshima Prefecture. (Japan Today)
China's national legislature has enacted a law to criminalize the online uploading of photographs of costume play using replica uniforms of the now-defunct Imperial Japanese Army. (Jiji)
Prosecutors in Tokyo have dropped charges against an actor who had been arrested on suspicion of sexually molesting a woman on a street in Tokyo. (Japan Today)
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and U.S. President Donald Trump on Saturday agreed to request North Korea take concrete actions toward denuclearization. (Jiji)
The Japan Sumo Association says it will conduct a survey to examine the tradition of keeping women out of the professional sumo ring. (NHK)
T-Mobile and Sprint reached a $26.5 billion merger agreement Sunday that would reduce the U.S. wireless industry to three major players — that is, if the Trump administration's antitrust regulators let the deal go through. (Japan Today)
Saitama Prefectural Police have announced that a 25-year-old officer retired from duty after receiving a suspension over the fatal abuse of his three-month-old daughter in Saitama City earlier this year, reports TV Asahi (Apr. 28). (tokyoreporter.com)
Police on Sunday arrested a 38-year-old Chinese man on suspicion of inflicting bodily harm on a 65-year-old man on the platform at JR Kichijoji Station. The victim’s head was struck by a train and he remains in a coma with a fractured skull, Fuji TV reported. (Japan Today)
The likes of Tokyo and Kyoto may still be top of many visitors' itineraries, but Japan's tourism industry is changing as more and more people head west in search of new experiences. (Nikkei)
Fukushima Prefectural Police have launched a murder investigation following the discovery of a male corpse in a mountainous area of the town of Aizumisato last week, reports Kahoku Shimpo. (tokyoreporter.com)
Watch this tiny camera effortlessly zip around school like an inquisitive bee. (soranews24.com)
Japan's Emperor Akihito has one year remaining before handing over the throne to Crown Prince Naruhito. (Jiji)
Police in western Japan have arrested an escaped inmate after a massive manhunt lasting over 20 days. The man escaped from a low-security prison in early April.
A 10-year-old boy was found unharmed Sunday after going missing on a mountain in Ome, Tokyo. The boy, who attends a school for children with special needs, had been missing for 22 hours after climbing Mt Mitake with his parents and a sibling on Saturday, Fuji TV reported. (Japan Today)