Articles on this Page
- 03/12/18--23:20: _Event promoting Fuk...
- 03/12/18--23:25: _Japan man gets 9-yr...
- 03/12/18--23:45: _Preserved bodies of...
- 03/12/18--23:01: _Aso admits document...
- 03/12/18--23:02: _Abe apologizes for ...
- 03/12/18--23:31: _Girl, 16, sent to p...
- 03/13/18--23:16: _Toyota group firms ...
- 03/13/18--23:11: _Japanese city plans...
- 03/13/18--23:15: _Ministry studies di...
- 03/13/18--23:30: _Japan's overworked ...
- 03/13/18--23:31: _Japan restaurant ch...
- 03/13/18--23:35: _46-year-old man, 16...
- 03/13/18--23:36: _Man bashes girl, 16...
- 03/13/18--23:13: _Classrooms go digital
- 03/13/18--23:28: _Narita airport wins...
- 03/13/18--23:17: _Tokyo's Tsukiji mar...
- 03/13/18--23:21: _Japan govt adopts b...
- 03/14/18--14:16: _Japanese or Western...
- 03/15/18--00:39: _High court overturn...
- 03/15/18--00:36: _Trainee from Vietna...
- 03/12/18--23:20: Event promoting Fukushima fish cancelled
- 03/12/18--23:25: Japan man gets 9-yr sentence for high-profile kidnapping
- 03/12/18--23:45: Preserved bodies of babies discovered at Tokyo house
- 03/12/18--23:01: Aso admits documents altered, offers apology
- 03/12/18--23:02: Abe apologizes for document alterations
- 03/12/18--23:31: Girl, 16, sent to prosecutors over YouTube 'breast fondling' stunt
- 03/13/18--23:16: Toyota group firms strike wage deals
- 03/13/18--23:11: Japanese city plans to boost int'l immigrants
- 03/13/18--23:15: Ministry studies diaper disposal methods
- 03/13/18--23:30: Japan's overworked and underpaid teachers
- 03/13/18--23:36: Man bashes girl, 16, in head with hammer at JR Kameido Station
- 03/13/18--23:13: Classrooms go digital
- 03/13/18--23:17: Tokyo's Tsukiji market receives 460-kilogram bluefin tuna
- 03/13/18--23:21: Japan govt adopts bills to lower adult age to 18
- 03/15/18--00:39: High court overturns ruling; acquits 3 over fatal elevator accident
- 03/15/18--00:36: Trainee from Vietnam used in nuclear decontamination work
An event in Thailand promoting flounder from Fukushima has been cancelled amid concerns from consumers. (NHK)
A Japanese court on Monday sentenced a 25-year-old man to nine years in prison for kidnapping a girl, now 17, who was found safe about two years after she went missing in Asaka, Saitama Prefecture, north of Tokyo, in 2014. (Jiji)
Dead bodies apparently of unborn babies preserved in formalin have been found under the floor of a private house in Tokyo, police sources said Monday. (Jiji)
Japanese Finance Minister Taro Aso has acknowledged that officials from his ministry altered 14 documents in connection with the controversial sale of state-owned land to school operator Moritomo Gakuen. (NHK)
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has apologized for the Finance Ministry's tampering with government documents. (NHK)
Tokyo Metropolitan Police have sent three persons, including a 16-year-old girl, to prosecutors over a stunt in which they uploaded footage of her having her chest fondled by passersby in front of JR Shibuya Station to YouTube, reports the Sankei Shimbun (tokyoreporter.com)
Unions of three Toyota Motor's group firms have decided to accept a 14-dollar monthly base wage increase proposed by management. (NHK)
A western Japanese city has unveiled a new plan to urge more foreigners to move there to halt the decline in its population. (NHK)
Japan's infrastructure ministry is studying a system that will allow people to discard used diapers in the sewage system. (NHK)
The Teaching and Learning International Survey carried out by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development in 2013 - to examine the working hours of public middle school teachers in 34 countries and regions - came as a shock. (Japan Times)
The Tokyo District Court on Tuesday ordered restaurant chain operator Foods Forus Co. to pay ¥169 million ($1.58 million) to the families of three victims who died from food poisoning after eating raw meat at one of its barbecue restaurants in 2011. (Japan Times)
An unemployed 46-year-old man and a 16-year-old high school girl were found dead in the room of a love hotel in Koshigaya, Saitama Prefecture, in what police believe was a joint suicide. (Japan Today)
Tokyo Metropolitan Police are hunting for the male perpetrator who attacked a teenage girl with a hammer at a rail station in Koto Ward on Monday, reports Jiji Press (tokyoreporter.com)
Students may no longer need blackboards and notebooks. Starting in April, a junior high school in Tokyo will feature a digital classroom. (NHK)
The operator of Narita airport agreed Tuesday with the Chiba Prefectural Government, surrounding municipalities and the transport ministry on a plan to expand the hours for landings and takeoffs in bid to enhance the functions of the international gateway - but some nearby residents are concerned about increased noise. (Japan Times)
A bluefin tuna weighing as much as 460 kilograms from Wakayama Prefecture, western Japan, arrived at the Tsukiji wholesale food market in Tokyo on Tuesday morning for auction. (Jiji)
The cabinet of Prime Minister Shinzo Abe adopted on Tuesday bills to amend the Civil Code and other laws to lower Japan's adult age from 20 to 18. (Jiji)
It's always fascinating to compare the little everyday differences between cultures, isn't it? Japanese style, particularly when it comes to architecture and interiors has certain very distinctive features that set it apart from Western design. (newsonjapan.com)
A high court scrapped a lower court ruling Wednesday, acquitting an elevator maintenance company chairman and two others over an elevator accident in 2006 that killed a 16-year-old boy in Tokyo. (Japan Today)
A Japanese company used a Vietnamese trainee in work to decontaminate areas tainted with radioactive materials released by the March 2011 nuclear disaster without explanations about possible health hazards, it was learned Wednesday. (Jiji)