- RSS Channel Showcase 2940064
- RSS Channel Showcase 2441112
- RSS Channel Showcase 6435917
- RSS Channel Showcase 1101436
Articles on this Page
- 01/21/18--20:49: _Constitutional revi...
- 01/22/18--06:18: _Japanese govt. subm...
- 01/22/18--06:19: _Wrestler says he wa...
- 01/22/18--06:01: _Weather warnings bl...
- 01/22/18--22:15: _Records of Moritomo...
- 01/22/18--22:19: _Hokkaido: Man, 85, ...
- 01/22/18--22:30: _Japan opening door ...
- 01/22/18--22:04: _iPS paper's data fa...
- 01/22/18--22:34: _Japanese inn and ka...
- 01/23/18--07:03: _Volcano, avalanche ...
- 01/23/18--22:55: _Bank of Japan keeps...
- 01/23/18--22:57: _11 TPP nations to s...
- 01/23/18--23:03: _Definition errors p...
- 01/23/18--22:48: _US chopper makes em...
- 01/23/18--22:56: _20-year-old man fac...
- 01/24/18--07:54: _Japan's department ...
- 01/23/18--22:54: _44-year-old man arr...
- 01/23/18--23:02: _Ex-nursing home wor...
- 01/24/18--07:52: _Shimizu admits to r...
- 01/24/18--07:56: _Whaling towns of Ja...
- 01/22/18--06:18: Japanese govt. submits record budget plan
- 01/22/18--06:19: Wrestler says he wasn't driving the car
- 01/22/18--06:01: Weather warnings blare as Tokyo prepares for snow
- 01/22/18--22:15: Records of Moritomo land deal negotiations unveiled
- 01/22/18--22:19: Hokkaido: Man, 85, slashes wife with knife
- 01/22/18--22:30: Japan opening door wider to descendants of past emigration
- 01/22/18--22:04: iPS paper's data faked by Kyoto Univ. scientist
- 01/22/18--22:34: Japanese inn and kaiseki cuisine: The ryokan stay experience
- 01/23/18--07:03: Volcano, avalanche in Gunma
- 01/23/18--22:57: 11 TPP nations to sign new deal on March 8
- 01/23/18--23:03: Definition errors pointed out in Japanese dictionary Kojien
- 01/23/18--22:48: US chopper makes emergency landing in Okinawa
- 01/23/18--22:56: 20-year-old man faces charges over using flamethrower in park
- 01/24/18--07:54: Japan's department store sales see first rise in 3 years
- 01/23/18--22:54: 44-year-old man arrested for alleged kidnapping of high school girl
- 01/23/18--23:02: Ex-nursing home worker pleads not guilty to 3 murders in Japan
- 01/24/18--07:52: Shimizu admits to rigging maglev bids
- 01/24/18--07:56: Whaling towns of Japan, Faroe Islands become sister cities
After months of turmoil over a snap election, opposition realignment and stalled legislative progress, this year’s regular Diet session was scheduled to kick off Monday. (Japan Times)
The Japanese government has submitted a record draft budget of 97.7 trillion yen, or more than 880-billion dollars, for the fiscal year starting in April.
The Japan Sumo Association says wrestler Osunaarashi has denied allegations that he was driving a car involved in a traffic accident earlier this month.
Tokyo braced for heavy snowfall on Monday, prompting NHK to urge the capitals’ workaholic citizens to head home early, and some train operators to cancel services. (Japan Times)
The Japanese Finance Ministry's Kinki Local Finance Bureau has stored documents of negotiations related to the controversial discount sale of a plot of state-owned land to school operator Moritomo Gakuen, it was learned Monday. (Jiji)
Hokkaido Prefectural Police have arrested an 85-year-old man on suspicion of attempting to kill his wife in Otaru City, reports the Sankei Shimbun (tokyoreporter.com)
Japan will let young descendants of Japanese nationals who emigrated abroad work in the country if they meet certain language and other requirements, the Ministry of Justice said Monday.
Scientists at Kyoto University say some of the data in a paper on stem cells published by a fellow researcher was fabricated. (NHK)
A Traditional Japanese Inn stay can be the highlight of any trip to Japan, and this comprehensive tour of 13 hot spring towns will give you a complete picture of what to expect during a stay. From the tatami room to the kitchen and dining room, this is the story of the Ryokan. (ONLY in JAPAN)
Weather officials say a volcano in Gunma Prefecture, north of Tokyo, erupted on Tuesday morning. At almost the same time, an avalanche nearby left one member of Japan's Self-Defense Forces dead. (NHK)
The Bank of Japan maintained its massive monetary stimulus program and kept its price and economic forecasts unchanged. In a small sign of progress, it said inflation expectations had stopped falling. (Japan Times)
-Top negotiators from the 11 Trans-Pacific Partnership member economies have agreed to sign a free trade deal dubbed TPP 11 without the United States in the Chilean capital of Santiago on March 8. (Jiji)
Some definitions of words in the seventh edition of Kojien, regarded by many as the most authoritative dictionary of Japanese, have been pointed out as inaccurate since it was released on Jan. 12. (Jiji)
A US military helicopter made an emergency landing on Tuesday on a small island in the southern Japanese prefecture of Okinawa. (NHK)
Papers were sent to prosecutors on Monday on a 20-year-old man who used a flamethrower at a park in Yokosuka, Kanagawa Prefecture. (Japan Today)
Japan's department store sales at existing locations grew for the first time in three years in 2017, edging up 0.1% to 5.95 trillion yen ($53.9 billion), the Japan Department Stores Association said Tuesday.
Police in Numazu, Shizuoka Prefecture, have arrested an unemployed 44-year-old man on suspicion of kidnapping a 16-year-old high school girl who lives in Tochigi Prefecture. (Japan Today)
A former care worker on Tuesday pleaded not guilty to charges of killing three residents at a nursing home for the elderly in Kawasaki, Kanagawa Prefecture, south of Tokyo, by throwing them off the facility's balconies. (Jiji)
Japanese general contractor Shimizu appears to have owned up by Monday's deadline to fixing bids on construction projects connected to a magnetic-levitation train line, seeking lighter fines after initially denying wrongdoing. (Nikkei)
The western Japan town of Taiji, known for its whaling and dolphin hunts, said Wednesday it has established a sister-city relationship with a town on the Faroe Islands in the North Atlantic with similar hunting practices. (Kyodo)