- RSS Channel Showcase 6953814
- RSS Channel Showcase 9033704
- RSS Channel Showcase 8766214
- RSS Channel Showcase 8713135
Articles on this Page
- 01/19/18--20:28: _Famed Japanese musi...
- 01/19/18--20:56: _Suicides down for 8...
- 01/19/18--21:06: _Luggage falls out o...
- 01/19/18--20:22: _All court action fo...
- 01/19/18--20:55: _TEPCO finds 'fuel d...
- 01/20/18--22:16: _Tighter rules makin...
- 01/20/18--22:24: _BOJ trim of bond pu...
- 01/20/18--22:08: _'Ice tulips' in ful...
- 01/20/18--22:27: _Yahoo Japan defamed...
- 01/20/18--22:30: _Filming of school g...
- 01/20/18--22:11: _JNTO creates promot...
- 01/20/18--22:13: _Dud shell disposal ...
- 01/20/18--22:21: _Ex-Kanto Rengo memb...
- 01/20/18--22:22: _Body of 3-year-old ...
- 01/20/18--22:25: _Another yakuza arre...
- 01/20/18--22:04: _SDF scrambled fewer...
- 01/20/18--22:06: _Tokyo to encourage ...
- 01/21/18--20:44: _Kagoshima teen held...
- 01/21/18--21:07: _Long-term stress ra...
- 01/21/18--20:40: _Sumo wrestler cause...
- 01/19/18--20:28: Famed Japanese music producer Komuro to retire over affair
- 01/19/18--20:56: Suicides down for 8th straight year in '17
- 01/19/18--21:06: Luggage falls out of bus on Nagoya Expressway
- 01/19/18--20:22: All court action for ex-Aum cult members finished
- 01/19/18--20:55: TEPCO finds 'fuel debris' in No. 2 reactor
- 01/20/18--22:16: Tighter rules making Japanese wineries review product indications
- 01/20/18--22:24: BOJ trim of bond purchases flags risks of market overreaction
- 01/20/18--22:08: 'Ice tulips' in full bloom in Ibaraki
- 01/20/18--22:30: Filming of school girl prostitute leads to arrest of Saitama man
- 01/20/18--22:11: JNTO creates promotion videos for Japan's Tohoku region
- 01/20/18--22:13: Dud shell disposal conducted on Okinawa street
- 01/20/18--22:22: Body of 3-year-old Fukui boy missing since Dec 9 found at river edge
- 01/20/18--22:25: Another yakuza arrested over pistol found by police dog
- 01/20/18--22:04: SDF scrambled fewer jets against Chinese aircraft
- 01/20/18--22:06: Tokyo to encourage foreign tourists to splurge on nightlife
- 01/21/18--21:07: Long-term stress raises cancer risk 20% in men, Japanese study finds
- 01/21/18--20:40: Sumo wrestler caused vehicular accident
Prominent Japanese music producer Tetsuya Komuro, who took the music world by storm in the 1990s, announced Friday his retirement, after allegations of an extramarital affair by a weekly magazine. (Jiji)
The number of people who committed suicide in the country in 2017 fell 757, or 3.5 percent, from the previous year to 21,140, down for the eighth consecutive year, a Health, Labor and Welfare Ministry report showed Friday. (the-japan-news.com)
Luggage fell out of a tour bus while it was driving along the Nagoya Expressway in Aichi Prefecture on Thursday. (Japan Today)
All court action for former members of the Aum Shinrikyo cult is to end, after the Supreme Court rejected an appeal by a man who took part in the 1995 deadly nerve gas attack on the Tokyo subway system.
The operator of the damaged Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant says it has found what looks like fuel debris in the plant's No. 2 reactor. (NHK)
Some Japanese wineries are moving to change their product indications containing geographical names ahead of the planned tightening of place-of-origin rules aimed at preventing consumers' misunderstanding amid the rising reputation of domestic wines. (Jiji)
Many bond market participants were caught off guard on Jan. 9 when the Bank of Japan unexpectedly reduced its purchases of government bonds, instantly pushing yields higher. In the nine days that followed, long-term rates -- yields on 10 year Japanese Government Bonds -- hit 0.090%, the highest since July 2017. (Nikkei)
Thousands of blooming tulips are giving people an early taste of spring at a park in eastern Japan. (NHK)
The Tokyo High Court has ruled that Yahoo Japan Co. defamed a man and has ordered that it delete 11 search results that associate his name with criminal behavior, sources have confirmed. (Japan Times)
Tokyo Metropolitan Police have arrested a 32-year-old man for over an illicit encounter with a high school girl last year that he allegedly filmed, reports Fuji News Network (tokyoreporter.com)
The New York office of the Japan National Tourism Organization has produced four videos to promote tourist attractions of Japan's Tohoku northeastern region to American people. (Jiji)
Work to dispose of a World War II bomb that did not explode was carried out on Kokusai-dori, a major street in the city center of Naha, the capital of Japan's southernmost prefecture of Okinawa, on Saturday. (Jiji)
Tokyo Metropolitan Police have arrested three persons, including a former member of a bosozoku group, over the alleged extortion of a male adult video (AV) star, reports Nikkan Sports (tokyoreporter.com)
The body of a child which was found Friday at the edge of a river in Sakai, Fukui Prefecture, has been identified as that of a three-year-old boy who has been missing since Dec 9. (Japan Today)
Tokyo Metropolitan Police arrested another organized crime member over the alleged possession of a pistol found last year through the help of a so-called “hybrid police dog,” reports TV Asahi (tokyoreporter.com)
Japan's Defense Ministry says the Air Self-Defense Force scrambled its jets against Chinese aircraft fewer times during the first 9 months of this fiscal year, compared to the previous year. (NHK)
The Tokyo metropolitan government will survey foreign tourists on what they enjoy about the city's nightlife, aiming to better cater to their interests while encouraging them to spend, a source said Saturday.
A male teen held for allegedly stabbing a female high school student in the city of Kagoshima earlier this month told police his target “could be anyone,” investigative sources said Sunday. (Japan Times)
Long periods of stress appear to raise the cancer risk in men by 20 percent compared with those who say they’re stress-free, according to a survey by a Japanese research team. (Japan Times)
NHK has learned that a sumo wrestler, driving without a license, was involved in a vehicular accident earlier this month. No one was injured.