- RSS Channel Showcase 2392848
- RSS Channel Showcase 6885179
- RSS Channel Showcase 5837523
- RSS Channel Showcase 3705164
Articles on this Page
- 01/13/18--20:30: _Japan's foreign min...
- 01/14/18--22:06: _Ex-head of fan club...
- 01/14/18--21:50: _Abe visits Sugihara...
- 01/14/18--21:52: _Japanese onsen bath...
- 01/14/18--22:10: _Netizens speak up o...
- 01/14/18--22:11: _Beware the patter a...
- 01/14/18--22:19: _2,000 women take pa...
- 01/14/18--22:22: _Bringing traditiona...
- 01/14/18--22:25: _Chiba: Pair nabbed ...
- 01/14/18--21:48: _US deploys new amph...
- 01/14/18--22:05: _Sumo: Top referee t...
- 01/14/18--22:03: _Frigid weather disr...
- 01/15/18--21:00: _BOJ ups economic vi...
- 01/15/18--21:06: _Shogi sensation Fuj...
- 01/15/18--21:07: _Meiji to increase h...
- 01/15/18--21:10: _JAXA postpones laun...
- 01/15/18--20:58: _Victims mourned 2 y...
- 01/15/18--21:18: _Don Quijote takes w...
- 01/15/18--21:23: _Foreign trainee wor...
- 01/15/18--20:55: _Hideki Matsui elect...
- 01/13/18--20:30: Japan's foreign minister visits Myanmar Rohingya villages
- 01/14/18--21:50: Abe visits Sugihara Museum in Lithuania
- 01/14/18--21:52: Japanese onsen bath experience
- 01/14/18--22:11: Beware the patter about purchasing property to rent out around Tokyo
- 01/14/18--22:19: 2,000 women take part in New Year archery event
- 01/14/18--22:22: Bringing traditional sweets back to the Kyoto masses
- 01/14/18--22:25: Chiba: Pair nabbed over cultivation of marijuana in Mobara
- 01/14/18--21:48: US deploys new amphibious assault ship to Japan
- 01/14/18--22:05: Sumo: Top referee to resign over sexual harassment scandal
- 01/15/18--21:00: BOJ ups economic views on Tohoku, Hokuriku, Kinki regions
- 01/15/18--21:06: Shogi sensation Fujii defeats title holder for 1st time
- 01/15/18--21:07: Meiji to increase health-oriented chocolate output
- 01/15/18--21:10: JAXA postpones launch of satellite due to lightning
- 01/15/18--20:58: Victims mourned 2 years after Karuizawa bus crash
- 01/15/18--21:18: Don Quijote takes wraps off Ferris wheel in Osaka tourist spot
- 01/15/18--21:23: Foreign trainee work deaths highlight safety, exploitation issues
- 01/15/18--20:55: Hideki Matsui elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
Japan's Foreign Minister Taro Kono visited Myanmar's Rakhine state on Saturday after meeting with the country's de facto leader, Aung San Suu Kyi, in the capital of Naypyitaw a day earlier.
Tokyo Metropolitan Police on Wednesday arrested the former male head of a fan club for popular voice actress Ayana Taketatsu for allegedly harassing her via email last year. The crime is believed to have included the sending of tens of thousands of messages dating back to four years ago, reports the Sankei Shimbun (tokyoreporter.com)
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe on Sunday visited a museum commemorating Chiune Sugihara, who saved thousands of Jewish people from Nazi persecution during World War II. (Jiji)
Grab your towel because it's time for an epic Japanese onsen bath adventure! We will explore 12 Onsen Towns, hopping from one to another as a "bath tourist" around Fukushima. Naked outside in the snow? It's part of the fun! (ONLY in JAPAN)
The Paul Logan fiasco has raised Japanese netizens’ awareness of YouTubers who seem to take joy in causing havoc in Japan. Some of them have begun searching for more of such videos, and have unearthed one taken last September by American YouTuber duo, Dan Rue and Nick Joseph. (rocketnews24.com)
It was said of the California Gold Rush of the mid-19th century that the ones who made the money were those who sold the shovels. Today’s shovel sellers in Tokyo are the service providers, agents and brokers eager to entice clients with tales of gold in the hills. (Japan Times)
About 2,000 women who are or will turn 20 years old as of April 1 took part in an annual New Year archery event for new adults at Sanjusangendo, a Buddhist temple in Kyoto, on Sunday. (Japan Today)
The heir of a store specializing in a confectionery style with more than 300 years of tradition in Japan’s ancient capital is hoping her youthful reimagining of yatsuhashi sweets will help attract a new generation of Kyoto locals and carry on its legend.
Chiba Prefectural Police on Wednesday re-arrested a 29-year-old man over the cultivation of marijuana in Mobara City last year, reports the Sankei Shimbun (tokyoreporter.com)
The US Navy has deployed to southwestern Japan a new amphibious assault ship that can carry advanced F-35B stealth fighter jets. (NHK)
Sumo's top-ranked referee will resign over a sexual harassment scandal, the sport's governing body said Saturday following an extraordinary meeting of its board of directors. (Kyodo)
The annual unified college entrance examinations began Saturday as many parts of the country saw their coldest winter day so far cause traffic jams and force several schools to postpone the pivotal tests. (Japan Times)
The Bank of Japan upgraded its economic views on three of the country's nine regions in a quarterly report adopted at a meeting of its local branch chiefs on Monday, partly reflecting rises in corporate capital expenditures and personal consumption. (Jiji)
Sota Fujii, 15, the youngest professional shogi player, defeated Amahiko Sato, the holder of the Meijin title, in a quarterfinal of the 11th Asahi Cup open tournament, achieving his first victory over any title holder. (Jiji)
Japanese confectionery maker Meiji will ramp up its production capacity of health-oriented chocolate. (NHK)
The Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) said Monday it will postpone the Wednesday launch of its third Epsilon solid-fuel rocket due to expected bad weather. (Japan Times)
On the second anniversary Monday of a fatal ski tour bus crash in the town of Karuizawa, Nagano Prefecture, central Japan, mourners visited the accident site and offered prayers for the victims. (Jiji)
Discount retailer Don Quijote Co. unveiled a renovated Ferris wheel Monday in Osaka’s Dotonbori shopping district. (Japan Times)
Twenty-two foreign trainees died in work-related incidents in the three years from fiscal 2014, government data showed Sunday, indicating people brought to Japan to work may face dangerous or exploitative conditions. (Japan Today)
Former Japanese baseball star Hideki Matsui has become the youngest inductee into the Japanese Baseball Hall of Fame. (NHK)